Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bumblebeezgw

Any Ebay Experts here?

I was wondering if I could send you a link to a clothing item I want to get on ebay. I can't tell if the wording or picture is "off' and it might not be as pristine as I think. Does "gently worn" mean worn out? lol.
I would post it here, but I prefer keeping the lurkers away, although it's not an item most would want.

Comments (19)

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

I have bought several 'gently worn' fleece jackets for a friend who is a carpenter and very hard on clothing. I have always been very pleased with them, and one was brand new with tags!

Have you checked the seller's feedback? Many sell just used clothing and seem to be highly thought of.

You can send it to me, but I worry that if I think it looks fine, and you buy it and don't....it's a matter of interpretation. I always ask the seller questions if I have any concerns.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, I would feel better if someone else said it looks fine, I wouldn't hold anything against you if it didn't. I'm not remotely that kind of person.

I sent you an email. Thanks so much for looking at it.

• tinam61
    10 years ago

I agree that it's a matter of interpretation and would check feedback and ask the seller questions. I've never bought new or used clothing on ebay but have a male friend who is into vintage jackets, hats and boots and he buys a ton of stuff off ebay.

• kellyeng
    10 years ago

I'll take a look.

I buy plenty of used clothing from Ebay. However the pictures, description, seller - all have to leave me with no questions. "Gently Worn" would not turn me off.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I wish it were that easy Tina. I can't exactly ask, Are you lying?

However, I have bought quite a few new items from ebay that I have been very happy with, just never a used clothing item.

I sent you an email, Kelly. Thank you!!

• tinam61
    10 years ago

Well no, but I only do ebay business with sellers with a perfect or near rating, so I would feel comfortable in asking questions regarding the item. I certainly would not ask if someone is lying.
    Good luck!

• graywings123
    10 years ago

You don't ask, "are you lying" (I realize you are joking) but you can ask specific questions. Depending on what the item is, you can ask questions like:
    Does the item show any wear?
    Is there any pilling?
    Is the suede scuffed?
    Are there any wear marks on the knees/elbows?
    Are there any stains on the item?
    Does the collar show any wear?

• kellyeng
    10 years ago

Sorry Bumble, I didn't get it.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I wonder why not? Interesting...thanks anyway.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

Bumble, did you get my reply right after you sent the email to me this AM? Yours said that you had chosen not to reveal your email address, so I just wanted to check. I replied to it as soon as I got it.

If not, I thought it looked fine, and was a much better buy than another seller who has the same item.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks 3dogs, I did not get your email and I did check the spam folder too. It is a good price for that brand and for wool. And I really like it, of course! Thanks for looking and posting here.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

The email that I got from you read '(PLEASE NOTE: The member responding to your post has chosen not to reveal his or her email address. Therefore, you cannot reply to this message via email.)' . It came from ''gardenweb_user@gardenweb.com''

Notice this the next time you post here, which appears just below the text box and the boxes where we can add a URL and a name for the link. You may want to look at your preferences.

'Check here if you would like post replies emailed to you. Please note that you must enable this feature on your Preferences page by checking off 'Allow other users to send you email'.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm sorry, 3dogs, I'll do that next time. Thank you.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

No need to be sorry! It's just like what happened between kswl and I when she contacted me. I got her first email fine, and replied, but she didn't get my reply. Since you were wondering why kelly didn't get your email. I thought I'd better check to see if you got my reply, as I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you.

Good luck with your 'item'! :-)

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I did buy the item, it's a wool tweed skirt, here's the pic from ebay, and it is perfect, looks new and I have no complaints. it fits me perfectly, but I am familiar with the brands sizing. Thanks!
    It was 19.99 and that included shipping.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

Yay! I'm so glad! Wasn't another seller asking over $60 for the same skirt?

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

68 plus shipping. New, this would have sold over a hundred, easily, based on Boden pricing.
    It was a good foray to buy a used item of clothing sight unseen and have it be nice.

• tinam61
    10 years ago

With the shape and the trim, I would have thought that vintage.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Boden is vintage inspired in their designs.