Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Still not getting email notifications -- Tamara???

Sueb20
9 years ago

This is so annoying. Until a few months ago, I'd always get an email when someone here responded to my post. Then it stopped. I made sure all the appropriate boxes were checked in my profile, but I'm not getting the email notifications. That means I have to try to remember to check back on my threads to see responses. Any recommendations? I did send a message to the powers that be via the "contact us" link but nothing changed, and I didn't get a response.

I know people have referred to Tamara in the past so trying to mention her here, see if that works!

Comments (10)

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

Did you sent a message thru the contact us listed in the "information about posting" below?

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

Debra is correct, that's the best way to contact them about a problem.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, I did that.

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

I hope they get back to you soon. I know that used to happen to me too. I'm sure I missed allot of things.

• gwtamara
    9 years ago

Hi Sue -

It worked! I happened to see my name in the Recent Posts widget (love that thing!). I don't see anything from you in the mailbox, so I'm not sure what's going on. Can you email me directly? My email is listed on my profile. We'll get it figured out.

Btw, email notifications not being received is typically a problem with your ISP and the fact that these emails are auto-generated. Many times they are pinged as spam before they hit your mailbox.
    We regularly contact these ISPs and ask to be white listed. Sometimes it works and sometimes we are ignored. ;) Universities and businesses tend to be the most cautious. If anyone else is having problems, let me know and I can check the list. Oh, and if anyone is using Verizon.net -- you won't be getting your notifications. They refuse to even acknowledge our emails. Very frustrating.

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

I use verizon.net and gave up a long time ago. I actually find I don't mind not getting the notifications. I check the forums everyday anyway.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Tamara. I sent you an email but yes, I do have Verizon. Bummer. I check most days too, but sometimes it's hard to remember/find which posts I responded to (and I'm often curious to see how people after me responded, etc.).

The odd thing is that I have had Verizon forever and I have been on this board for several years and only had a problem as of a few months ago.

• mboston_gw
    9 years ago

Tamara,

I sent you an email about a month or so ago - to you addy on this site and never received an answer. Wondering if you could check and see if it is there. I will watch here for an answer. My question is different.

Sorry for hijacking your post OP, just glad to see Tamara is still around.

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

Sue, when the notifications didn't work for me, I would bookmark any threads I wanted to file in a folder called "GW threads".

• lyfia
    9 years ago

So it appears for some reason I canâÂÂt post to the gardenweb forums anymore. I get the following error. I tried e-mailing by clicking on the Webmaster link and it got returned saying it couldnâÂÂt be delivered.

ÃÂ

Why would you not just block the problem poster, but all posters?

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

So IâÂÂm posting this from my very slow cell phone data connection that goes in and out of range and is a total PITA to use. I still havenâÂÂt responded to a thread on the regular HD board I started while logged in elsewhere due to this issue. I just noticed this in the last few weeks.

Sponsored
Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz