Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hhireno

Clarisonic skin cleansing system

hhireno
10 years ago

Does anyone use a Clarisonic Mia facial brush? Tell me about it. How is it on sensitive skin? How often do you replace the brush heads? What cleanser/soap do you use with it? Do you use it daily? Have you noticed any change in your skin since using it?

Comments (6)

• allison0704
    10 years ago

I have one but don't use it often - only when my skin seems a bit flaky. I use my regular facial wash with it: Reclaim from Principal Secret. Mine came with several brushes, so I haven't had to buy any and haven't changed the brush yet.

• funnygirl
    10 years ago

Clarisonic should hire me as I'm pretty sure I'm their biggest fan!

I purchased one (not sure it's the Mia but it's pink and has two speeds) last Fall (thought i'd give it a try to see what all the hooplah was about but fully expected to be unimpressed and end up returning it). I liked it so much that I got one for my 33 y.o. daughter for Christmas, and also have DH using it. I think everyone should have one! DD kind of rolled her eyes when she opened her gift and asked if i was trying to tell her something, She wasn't familiar with Clarisonic but gave it a try and now encourages her friends to use one.

O.K., now to your questions. I don't have sensitive skin but they do make brushes for sensitive skin so have to assume it would be fine. Brushes are replaced every three months. I've always used Cetaphil cleanser but the Clarisonic isn't cleanser specific. It does come with a tube of Clarisonic cleanser. I use the brush twice a day. Yes, I have noticed mprovement in tone, texture and clarity of my skin (and I thought my skin was in pretty darn good shape as I've always made skin care a priority). The claim is that the brush cleans your skin six times better than washing manually rendering skin care products applied afterwards more effective.

If you haven't already you may want to read reviews available on line. Lots of other fans out there!:) Initially I thought it was prob a gimmick and that I would most likely be returning it (purchased it at Ulta w/20% coupon). I also thought two minute face washing sessions seemed like a waste of time but this is one product I gladly spend the time using and am very glad to have invested in.

This post was edited by funnygirl on Thu, Jul 25, 13 at 13:13

• moonshadow
    10 years ago

I have one. Mine came with the sensitive brush head and I've just stayed with that one. I replace the brush head about every 4-6 months, depending on use, sooner if used more often. (Watch Ulta for sales or use a good coupon, buying the double box of brushes ends up much less expensive.) Rarely use it twice a day, mostly daily use in the evening shower and noticed my skin was brighter. No irritation. I don't like the thought or feeling of having goo (outside dust, airborne stuff, makeup residue) on my face and Mia feels like a good deep pore cleansing. After using it I clean the brush with antibacterial soap & water & leave the vented cap on to dry. No problems doing it that way. I use my own cleanser on it (different brands). Easy to travel with, a charge lasts a couple weeks on mine. But I haven't used it since last spring & I really have no good reason why. Life has been hectic, sometimes it's the little things that fall through the cracks, this is one of them.

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

I have one and I am lazy, so I rarely use it but when I do, my skin does seem cleaner. When my skin is misbehaving (breaking out or just generally looking blah), I actually try to use it more regularly and I do notice a difference. The timing of your question is funny because yesterday I made a pact with myself to use it every day for a month and see what happens!

I also use it with Cetaphil, just because that's what I happen to use, but you could use it with any cleaner, I'm sure.

• covingtoncat
    10 years ago

I have one and love it. Not the Mia, but .... I use the sensitive brush and once a week the deep cleansing one. I didn't care for the cleanser that came with it, but YMMV. You can use whichever you prefer, with a wet brush or dry. All a matter of personal preference. Start off once a day or even once every other and gradually build up to twice a day if you prefer.

I notice that my skin looks and feels better with regular use. My teenage daughter swears it has helped her problem skin.

• kimberlyrkb
    10 years ago

I have the pink clarisonic Mia. I do like it and think it helps my skin get cleaner and stay clearer. My adult acne stopped after I began using it - perhaps coincidence, perhaps not. I only use it in the shower, as I find it a bit messy to use at the sink - I end up with water running down my arms even if I lean way over. I use Cetaphil, and I always use the brush head for sensitive skin. My skin isn't really sensitive, but I find the regular brush head to be too rough.

I got an email this morning for sudden blitz.com/suddenvalues.com that has It on sale which made me think of this thread.