Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

The big day is getting closer!

neetsiepie
10 years ago

Went with DD to her fitting appointment tonight. I can't believe how perfect her dress is for her. It fit exactly the first time she tried it on, the only thing they need to do was adjust the eye hooks at the top of the halter...it doesn't even need to be hemmed! The seamstress did a few tucks for a mini-bustle, and that was perfect. Final fitting and pick up is 7/31.

She found some great blingy sandals and bracelets, will fit her theme beautifully-and we figured out how she'll wear her hair (part up part down)

We popped in to Michaels craft store and she chose some aurora boreallis seed beads for me to sew on to the edges of her veil (she is her mama's baby-gotta go big on the bling!)

I'm working on tissue paper flower puffs to hang on the strings of mini-lights, and will be covering lots and lots of pillows and poufs for the lounge area.

Caterer booked, hotel rooms reserved for guests...all the details are done, we're just now into the final stretch. I have my dress and a custom made BIG BLING necklace, grooms mom has her dress-only one bridesmaid still to find a dress.

It's getting close, and my bride is so calm-she told me she knows that between her mom and her sister her dream will come true. Even the groom is excited for the vision I've come up with. Can't wait!!

Comments (18)

• ellendi
    10 years ago

Sounds exciting. Post pictures!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

So wonderful....I want to see all that bling!

• theroselvr
    10 years ago

Hope you'll post some pics to show how it all came together. It's nice that your daughter is working so closely with you.

Did you post a pic of her dress? Hoping you post pics of the veil too.

I bought my gown off the rack as a sample; it fit me beautifully. I kick myself for having alterations because she made it too short for my taste. I told her I didn't want it shortened; she did it anyway. Some times less is more.

I hope that by the wedding date; your injuries will have healed; allowing you to have the best day you've had (pain wise) since your fall.

• kellyeng
    10 years ago

Sounds like a lot of fun! My son swears he will never marry so I have to live vicariously through others. That means I need pictures!

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

The wedding of a daughter is another one of the biggest occasions in your life. Remember to relax and have fun.

• neetsiepie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am looking forward to this wedding, even more than the one for DD2. This one will have a completely different vibe. I'm starting to get a little nervous that it's coming up so quickly and I have so much to do.

The venue is a good 2 hr drive away, so I must make sure I have all that we'll need ahead of time. I'm staying at a hotel the night before, but the night of the wedding I'm camping there-so I need to get THAT stuff ready too.

I'm pcing myself so I don't hurt myself before then, and so that I can enjoy myself. Glad we have the day before to set up, will give me time to relax the day of.

I will have loads of pics-it's going to be so amazing.

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

What a joyful time for you to look forward to !

I can empathize since I am 28 days away from my DD's wedding, if I think too much about it I get a little knot in my stomach, lolâ¦

• kswl2
    10 years ago

We eloped and have strongly encouraged our three to do the same... When the time comes we will give them a ladder and a check :-) I do enjoy others people's weddings, though!

• jillinnj
    10 years ago

Congratulations! I don't know when the wedding is, but be prepared for the stress of that last week. My DD got married a few weeks ago. I was stunned at how stressed I was that last week leading up to the wedding. Like you, I had to travel and stay in hotel night before (and night of). The stress of making sure all the details came together and getting everything (including THE dress) to the wedding was a bit overwhelming.

I did promise myself that once the wedding started, everything I could do was done and I would relax and enjoy. Happy to say that I was able to do that. I really had a wonderful time, and so did the bride. It was magical. I am sure yours will be too. I hope you can relax once it starts and enjoy every moment.

• neetsiepie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Congratulations to you Jill! DD is getting married on August 16th, right around the corner. My younger DD was married almost 4 years ago, so I've been thru this once before. This time, however, the location is a couple hours away, so we're going to stay nearby and we get to set up the day before. There is camping available at the site, so I'm going to stay in a hotel the night before-and I will camp the night of the wedding (it's a good 15 miles to the hotel and I don't want to drive so late thru a forest!).

Today the girls and I went out for a few more goodies-first time I've been able to shop with the bride in a while. She showed me pics of the groomsmens outfits-and I got goosebumps! Very fun, skinny slacks, bright colorful shirts and ties. It's getting so exciting.

Today I picked up a bunch of boxes and packing material so tomorrow I'll start packing up the goodies. I plan to have each table in a box-everything is one-of-a-kind. The whole theme is Indian/global/Boho...vibrant colors and laid back. This is where the actual ceremony will occur

• neetsiepie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Not sure how to post mulitple pix...this is the color scheme we're working with, and I'm going to do a lounge area reminiscent of an Indian Mandap. It will have lots of pillows, cushions and I'm also going to put in an air mattress covered with lux fabrics. Have lots of lights, a chandy, and gorgeous gold candlesticks to use in the lounge.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

How fabulous and fun! And exciting! Sounds like you're healing and able to get around better.

Should be a fab and memorable wedding.

• nancybee_2010
    10 years ago

Beautiful setting! I love that it is going to be laid back and so colorful and fun. What food are you having?

• theroselvr
    10 years ago

Love it!
    How are the bugs there? Any snakes?

• neetsiepie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm healing well-I'd say I'm at about 70% of normal, definitely learning my limits!

It's a gorgeous setting-there is a large grass area adjacent to a lake, and we've got a 500SF covered area with a dance floor also. Food is tapas style. It'll be vegetarian, but there will be shrimp. I'm not sure of the menu, I wasn't able to get to the tasting, but DD assures me the food is very good, and her MIL approved it (she was wary about the vegetarian menu). So no sit down dinner, but plenty of food available to nosh on.

The only alcohol will be microbrew and there will be mojitos, the signature drink. Otherwise it's flavored waters, lemonade and coffee. Knowing the crowd, this is going to be fine.

No snakes-we only have non-venomous in this part of the state, and they'd be grass-inhabitants, not in a landscaped area. The only bugs we'll worry about would be mosquitos, but I'm not expecting that to be too bad-we have bug spray available. There may be moths (due to the lights) but mostly it's not too bad here for bugs. I'm more concerned about flies-but the place is extremely clean, no outhouses (only full, delux bathrooms) or garbage cans in the vicinity.

I've been to many outdoor evening events and never had problems in our area. I think it's just too cool at night to worry. In fact, that was one of the brides concerns-needing a wrap once the sun went down! It's going to be fairly cool in the evening, since it's in a forested canyon, and the sun will be low enough at 7pm to be below the treeline. We don't get full dark till almost 10pm, but I expect us to be utilizing the candlelight by 8pm for sure.

• theroselvr
    10 years ago

Glad to hear you're healing! You should be feeling pretty good by the wedding date. Will you be wearing low shoes?

Sounds really nice. The area of NJ that I'm in has been really bad with bugs. We've also seen an increase of snakes & toads due to all the rain we've been having.

• golddust
    10 years ago

It sounds wonderful. Pesky. I have never planned a wedding like this. I'm certain it isn't in my genetics to do so.

My great niece is getting married August 3rd. I can't wait to see if the family frugal gene is still thriving or has been watered down and died on the vine.

• kellyeng
    10 years ago

That setting is so gorgeous!