Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Read Oakley's Post Hard Way To Learn...

Posted by Bumblebeez (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 8, 14 at 23:20

I know sometimes people miss important things posted at the end of a long thread but this is something those who care might want to know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Read Oakley's Post Hard Way To Learn...

Oakley I am so very sorry for your loss :(

o

Thank you, Lucille. And thanks Bumble.

I hope my topic saves a dog's life because of flea and tick meds.

2 ticks, three tick born diseases. I read that one of them lays dormant, so we're wondering if maybe he caught the diseases when he showed up here. He had hundreds of ticks all over him.

I still wish they'd do commercials for these diseases like they do for heartworms and fleas.

o

Oh, Oakley! I am so terribly sorry. That is so heart breaking. My deepest condolences to you and your family. Just remember that all dogs go to heaven, because they get it...they get living in the now...they get living life fully...they get unconditional love. And remember, Boone was a most lucky pup to have picked you for a family. Sending you comfort, hugs, and courage as you struggle with your loss.

(Thanks for the new thread bumblebeez...I missed the follow up.)

o

Oakley,

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved dog. I know you are heartbroken. Please know that I am thinking about you and wishing you comfort and peace.

Jana

o

Oakley,

I am so sorry to hear that your beloved orphan Boone passed. You were so blessed to have him, and that he chose your family to share his life with. He knew you would love and care for him well, and you did. You did your best.

o

Sorry for your loss Oakley. :( So hard to lose our beloved pets.

o

Oh Oakley, I had read the other thread in bits and pieces but hadn't checked it in a couple days. I'm so sorry for your loss. I had tears in my eyes reading about how he behaved in his last night with your family and how his instincts took over. It is never easy to lose a loved one - you were blessed to have each other. I saw boone's picture the other day and he looked very much like my old dog, Guinness. We got him when he was 18 m/o from a shelter, his third owner in that short time, but we had him for another 15 years until having to put him down. Love and hugs to you and your husband.

o

I did miss this. Thank you for showing us.

My heart is broken for you Oakley. No words.... I love my dogs so much that I know what you must be feeling. Comfort to you in the days ahead.

o

I too am so sorry to hear this Oakley. I did not have a dog growing up. Even two years ago I wouldn't have had any idea of your loss. Now I am a doggy mom and I know how much they mean to us. It's an amazing thing. I have learned a lesson from your story so thank you for sharing.
I am so sorry for you and your family.

o

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry! We've lost our two pets, a 9 1/2 year old Newfie mix and 18 yr. old kitty within four months of each other this year. I really feel for you. Boone sounds like he was a very special boy; how lucky he was to have found you and you for having had him in your lives. I hope you take some comfort in knowing you did everything you could for him.

o

I did miss this. Thank you, Bumble, for posting.

I am so very sorry, Oak. I was sure everything would be OK. Boone looks like such a sweetie. My heart breaks for all of you.

Many hugs.

o

Oakley,
What a sad way to end an acute illness! Hoping you, your hubs and son will fondly remember all the fun times shared with Boone.

You gave Boone all you had and more. Via social media, you've also likely saved some heartache. Thanks for sharing Boone's story. Be well.
~bgj

o

Oh no, Oakley. I am glad Bumble started this thread, too because I missed the part of your post about Boone. I can't add any more than what everyone else has said. Boone was lucky to wander into your life and you were lucky that he did. Sending hugs.

o

I've been reading your posts about Boone and thought he was doing better.

I am so very sorry. Made me cry to read your post about his passing. Never easy to lose a beloved pet.

Over the years from reading your posts I can tell you're a very kind, loving person, so I'm sure in time you'll find the right dog to fit in with your family. They bring such joy, and when they pass such heart ache. He knew he was well loved I'm sure.

In some sense, it was a blessing he passed at home in his own way vs. having to have him put down. I had to have my cat put to sleep in October and it still makes me tear up to talk about him. He was 18 years old. I felt he had been a part of our family forever.

This may be perceived as being a bit "out there" but sometimes I listen to a lady on XM radio who is a pet psychic - she talks to people about their pets passing etc. Anyways, she always talks about a pet's spirit being passed to another dog/cat that you take into your family. I always get some comfort in this thought and crazy as it sounds my cat that just passed had many of the same quirky personality traits as the cat I had growing up that when I heard her say this I thought - maybe it could be true!

Maybe if you get another dog in a few months, Boone's spirit will come into that puppy/dog and you'll see some of him in your new dog!

o

So heartbreaking. But, oh Oakley, keep remembering how he came to you, and what his life probably would have been had you not taken him in. You were all blessed. Hugs and heartfelt sympathy.
Marti

o

Caroleoh, I think I believe that about the spiriit.

About 10 years ago I lost my Lily, another English Pointer. She was only 2, and got hit by a truck on our very quiet dirt road. I remember sitting at the computer and just bawling for a good week. She was *my* dog, but loved al of us. Once more, my fault. We have a large fenced in back yard for dogs, and I decided to let her roam around the acreage to hunt gophers, but she crossed the road without my knowledge.

For 6 months I kept saying no more dogs! Then I went ahead and got another EP which was Grace. Oh my gosh, she filled that huge hole in my heart immediately, and I always thought Lily sent her to me.

I also believe that our deceased dog's spirits are here with us. :)

o

Oh goodness, I'm so sorry! We've lost our two pets, a 9 1/2 year old Newfie mix and 18 yr. old kitty within four months of each other this year. I really feel for you. Boone sounds like he was a very special boy; how lucky he was to have found you and you for having had him in your lives. I hope you take some comfort in knowing you did everything you could for him.

o

It is good to grieve, but when it's time you'll know and your new dog will bring you joy and fill the hole in your heart.

I googled to find the lady's name I'm talking about. It's Sonya Fitzpatrick. If you have XM, try listening to her show sometime. It's very interesting!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sonya Fitzpatrick - animal communicator

o

So, so very sorry to hear this.
It's amazing what pets bring to our lives, and I know that in time, you'll be comforted by what you and DH brought to Boone's life.

I know, too, that you're regretting not being able to be next to him at the time, but there's some animal psychology iabout pets going off to die alone ythat ou can find on the web (basically, not wanting to jeopardize the safety of "the pack"). But given the chance, I know it helps us cuddle our loved ones.

o

I am so very sorry, Oakley. It hurts so much, I know. (((((Hugs)))))

o

I recently lost my girl dog/baby/best friend for the past 13 years and do know the excruciating pain and loss.
It was very helpful to me to make a photo book and go through all the photos of her over the years. I have it on the coffee table and it is comforting to dwell on all the good memories.

I used snapfish but there are lots of sites.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here