Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynn237

KSWL , I am waiting

Lyban zone 4
9 years ago

Hi KSWL,

I know you mentioned your basement should be completed sometime in the beginning of June.
I am so anxious to see your reveal, that I had to write and ask how it is going.
Hope all is on schedule.

Comments (2)

• User
    9 years ago

Good morning Lyban! Our interior designer is coming in from New York on June 11, and the new furniture will be delivered the 12th from the receiving warehouse where it was all delivered by the manufacturers/ workroom. (Two sofas, two swivel chairs, two side tables, a custom mirror and 16 pillows including two six foot, 12" diameter bolsters!) If the GC and his crew ever finish the painting --- last snafu when they put the base molding back after extending a wall you could see the wall was noticeably bowed, so over the past two days they ripped that out and re hung drywall---- the electrician will install sconces and fans and finally put covers on switches and outlets. We are going to install the swing arm lamps after the sofas are in so the height and placement is perfect for reading. Tomorrow the runner will be installed on the stairs! And the French check area rug for the front room will be installed after all the painting is finished. They also still have to hang a new door and stain it to match the heart pine stairs, and stain the inside of the recessed shelving similarly. They are cutting it VERY close. We also can't install TVs until painting is finished.

On Friday 13th, ID and I are going shopping at Scott's (huge Atlanta area antique and not so antique market) for accessories and stuff. He will leave Sunday.

You've reminded me I need to unroll those botanical prints from their mailing tubes so they"ll be ready to hang. Handy Guy and his helper will also be on hand for install, as well as my mother. I will have to have a big barbecue lunch!

Very happy this will be operational soon, as MIL with Alzheimer's will be staying with us for 9 days beginning June 20. She still lives in her own home but has a son living nearby who checks in on her daily and with whom she has dinner most nights (she is incapable of cooking at this point). BIL and fam are going to Spain on vacation, so MIL will be with us enjoying the basement. I hope--- she can't be anywhere for ten minutes without wanting to go home, so this is going to be very challenging!

• Lyban zone 4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow! So much activity at your place.
    When you tackle a project, you never cease to amaze me. No dilly-dallying for you.
    I know you feel that it has been going on for a long time but considering what you have undertaken, I feel like you have got so much accomplished in a short time.
    Believe me , I would still be at the planning stage.

Nice that your MIL will have a nice place to feel at home for her visit.

Good luck on the 12-13-14th.
    Such fun.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!