Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polly929

Prayer chain needed for Anele

polly929
11 years ago

Hey everyone-

I know you are all very good at this. Anyway, Anele had posted several weeks ago about health issues her infant daughter had been having. I hadn't heard any updates and when I inquired, she updated that the baby has whooping cough or pertussis. This is a very serious illness, and from her post it sounds like it's very touch and go.

Asking for prayers and support for Anele and her baby-- they really need it right now.

Comments (37)

• tinam61
    11 years ago

Count me in.

tina

• ellendi
    11 years ago

My thoughts are with you too.

• nancybee_2010
    11 years ago

count me in too.

• marlene_2007
    11 years ago

Thank you, Polly, for starting this thread.

Count me in.

• User
    11 years ago

I'm in too

• mitchdesj
    11 years ago

oh my, definitely will send good thoughts.

• Irish2
    11 years ago

I'm praying for them both.

• stinky-gardener
    11 years ago

Polly, nice of you! Will do!

Just heard yesterday on NPR that whooping cough is at epidemic proportions this year. Numbers vary considerably by region of country, but it is effecting many, many children right now. So sorry to hear that Anele's little one can be counted among them.

• polly929
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes stinky- it is at epidemic proportions due to parents choosing not to vaccinate and adults not receiving boosters. A booster shot for pertussis became available several years ago, but many do not know about it. I work in healthcare and was among the first to receive it.

I sure do Anele checks in with an update on her little one and I'm praying very hard that it is a good update. Pertussis can be devastating in infants. Thanks everyone for praying for her.

• neetsiepie
    11 years ago

Oh no, that's just awful. Will send healing thoughts.

• golddust
    11 years ago

Done. I wish them the best. My nephew contracted whooping cough as an infant over 22 years ago and he is fine. I am praying for the same outcome for Baby Polly.

• homebodymom
    11 years ago

Prayers on their way

• yayagal
    11 years ago

Me too.

• bestyears
    11 years ago

Oh of course... prayers being sent up right now....

• bestyears
    11 years ago

Oh of course... prayers being sent up right now....

• User
    11 years ago

oh no...my prayers and hopes are on the way. I caught whooping cough when I was 16 yrs old. I babysat a child that hadn't been vaccinated. I nearly died and I remember them telling my Mom that there was nothing they could do but treat the symptoms. Oh I so hope that all will be well. c

• lynninnewmexico
    11 years ago

My prayers will be with her until I hear from you that she's pulled through this and is ok. God bless her and her family!
    Lynn

• riosamba
    11 years ago

Just prayed & will continue to do so.

• sable_ca
    11 years ago

I am also sending prayers.

• Bethpen
    11 years ago

Prayers continuing from here.

Beth P.

• OllieJane
    11 years ago

Prayers from me also.

• anele_gw
    11 years ago

You are such beautiful people. I am crying because of your wonderful support.

Your prayers and positive energies have worked. She is doing so much better . . .I am almost in shock as to how quickly she has gotten better. I know we are very, very, lucky and can't help but think it has a lot to do with the energies and prayers from you all. THANK YOU so much-- cannot begin to tell you how much this means to us.

• texask
    11 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with Anele's baby, Anele, and her family.

The CDC is currently investigating a link between the recently reported medical professional's improper vaccine storage (75% of the ones tested were potentially damaged vaccines) and Washington's record whooping cough outbreak. Experts are stating that even vaccinated children may be defenseless against serious and deadly diseases.

• golddust
    11 years ago

Anele, this is great news. I came here this morning to check on Paulina. Will continue to send prayers and good mojo your way.

Waiting for continuing good news regarding her health. Once you have heard that whooping cough, you will never forget it.

• texanjana
    11 years ago

Glad she is doing better. Still praying...

• nancybee_2010
    11 years ago

I'm very happy to hear she's doing better!

• marlene_2007
    11 years ago

Oh, Anele, I am SO happy to hear the good news. You must be so so relieved!! You and your family will continue to be in my positive thoughts.

• polly929
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Anele, I am so relieved to hear Paulina is doing better.

Makes me wonder how protected my own children are since this new report came out saying many vaccines are stored improperly in doctors offices. I do know my pediatrician personally and his office is in the building adjacent to the hospital I work in. It is policy to maintain and keep temperature logs of the refrigerators that hold meds in the hospital and I'm pretty sure it's the same policy for the Medical building. But I think I will look into it.

Perhaps that's why so many people who have been vaccinated are not protected, the vaccines they received may not have been stored properly rendering them useless. Very upsetting to hear.

• tuesday_2008
    11 years ago

So glad baby Pauline is doing better.

My DD had a stillbirth last November as a result of a Trisomy syndrome (baby was 20 weeks). She had a wonderful nurse and doctor and the nurse encouraged DD to have the Pertussis vaccine before she left the hospital. DD initailly declined until discussing this further with her nurse, but then went ahead with it. I didn't realize how important that is and that it can actually provide some immunity to a future baby before they are old enough to receive their vaccines.

I know there are mixed feelings about vaccines, but I am attaching a site that discusses/educates on this for those who might be interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: CDC site - Pertussis

• mboston_gw
    11 years ago

Have been and will continue to do so. glad to hear she is etter.

• User
    11 years ago

That is wonderful news Anele! Hope her healing continues!

• riosamba
    11 years ago

Thank you for sharing this wonderful news!

• judiegal6
    11 years ago

That is such great news! I hope she continues to improve each day.

• anele_gw
    11 years ago

Thank you so much, everyone.

Tuesday, I am so terribly sorry about your grandchild. How very painful.

Texask, that is very interesting. My friend and her children all have it now (pertussis) and are current with their vaccines. One of them (8 yrs old) has it the worst-- throwing up every night, a lot of spasms, etc. Perhaps they were stored wrong? My mom's dr says there are new strains like the flu so they can't always keep up.

Paulina is OK. Recovery is very slow. Some days I think she is a lot better only to have her have bad spasms again, but not so bad they are life threatening. Crying triggers it so we keep her very happy, but she is also sleep-deprived, so it makes it tough.

Thank you again.

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear she is doing better.

• mahatmacat1
    11 years ago

Anele, came late to this: I'm *so glad* to hear that Paulina is out of serious danger. I'll just mention that a friend of mine whose daughter had pertussis included Chinese herbs in her treatment, and she reported that they were very effective in reducing duration and severity of episodes. Research about various approaches to pertussis within Chinese traditional medicine are available online. I'll keep Paulina in my thoughts.

• Boopadaboo
    11 years ago

Glad to hear things are improving for Paulina Anele. I hope the last couple of days have brought even greater relief.