Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19762856

What a difference a few weeks makes! (Ultrasound pics included)

User
9 years ago

Hello Gardenweb Aunties (and Uncle Faron!):

Just a quick recap to begin:

We had our first ultrasound back when we were still under the care of our IVF doctor. I loved my "little blob" as soon as I saw her/him. (We had a scary preliminary ultrasound 11 days before this that showed an empty sac so seeing the "blob" was nothing short of a miracle. I think the doctor thought we were miscarrying at that point even though she never said it.)

Here is my most beautiful blob at 7 weeks pregnant:

We then had our NT scan and Panorama test about 6 weeks later at our regular OB/gyn office where we are just "regular" patients now (vs. the special treatment at the IVF center). We arrived bright and early to our OB's office. Once she hooked us up, the screen instantly lit up with a healthy flickering heartbeat, kicking legs and waving arms, but no jumping or twisting. More like "Mama, hi but I'm relaxing right now. :)" Baby Emerald, stubborn like his/her mom, refused to budge for the sonographer to do her pics and measurements. Mr. Emerald says the baby is all me right now. :) The sonographer had me lay on one side for 10 minutes, came back and the baby wouldn't budge. Prodded and poked a bit, baby just kicked and waved (it was cute but I was nervous!). I felt like he/she was acting like the Pillsbury Doughboy when the poking was going on, like it was a game to the baby! She turns me over again and leaves for 10 minutes. Same thing, no baby movement except for the kicks and waves taunting us! I nervously asked if this ever happened before and she replied "ALL.THE.TIME." as in "yep, this is perfectly normal to have an uncooperative baby when we need some neck measurements!"

Finally she got the measurements and the neck's highest was 1.8mm from the 3 measurements she did which is good and in normal range (praise God). (I honestly didn't see anything different in the baby's position so I'm not sure how she did it but I was glad she was satisfied.) As soon as she's done doing my file, Baby Emerald starts bouncing all around like "haha, now I'm awake and here for your entertainment!" It was so cute, I could have stayed all day watching the screen with the little cutie pie all active and rambunctious.

Here is the pic from that day, just under 13 weeks. So much like a real baby now than my sweet blob above!

I then went to the lab for the Panorama test and it takes 2 huge vials of blood for this test. You'd think I was used to the bloodwork after the past 2 years of IVF and cancer pokes but this one hurt! I was surprised how much they needed but once the poke is done, it's just waiting. So now we are in the 2 week wait for results. We choose to find out the gender so I can't wait for that first. I'm praying the chromosome tests and syndromes they are testing for are all routine results and hopefully we won't need to do an amnio afterwards.

I feel like I'm always waiting all the time and it's only been 3 months. I hope the next 6 months fly by as it's going to be a long summer and long fall if not. I did ask DH if we can get our Christmas decorations up now (half kidding!) but he said NO lol. He's been such a champion coping with my hormones, mood swings, anxiety. God bless him.

I still have no cravings or real pregnancy symptoms so it's still messing with my head as I have never thrown up, never refused food, nothing out of the ordinary except this bump growing slowly but surely. :) I haven't gained anymore weight (thank God) holding steady at the 30lbs more or less since the IVF cycle started so hopefully I can work around this for the next 6 months. Now that I'm off the progesterone shots my insatiable hunger has stopped for the most part, phew!

Thanks so much for always thinking of me and praying for us. I'm still very anxious about all of this and believing it's true. We haven't told anyone else except a few family members and 1 friend as I'm waiting for the test results so I might be able to relax and enjoy my little miracle. My doctors told me it would be a very anxious pregnancy with my nervousness, history, etc. but I assured them the positive test would answer all my prayers and my life would be perfect. Guess what...the doctors were right. :)

Please make sure you all tell me if I'm positing too much and boring you all to tears. I'm obsessed with all of this but try to not make it too obvious to others.

Comments (39)

• User
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

SO wonderful!! I'm happy to read this and see your little bundle. Enjoy your pregnancy!

And you certainly aren't posting too much or being boring!

• kristine_ca
    9 years ago

So great to look in today and see your post! Loved the pics, and you should just enjoy being in the % of population that don't experience nausea...

• aprilmack
    9 years ago

This is certainly awesome, happy news! Congratulations!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Looking good! Congrats!

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

Don't ever feel you post too much, this is our miracle baby too !!! I'm glad things are going well, take care !!

• gsciencechick
    9 years ago

Thank you so much for the update!

• Bethpen
    9 years ago

Thank you for checking in!! Still keeping you in my prayers!

• Lyban zone 4
    9 years ago

I love the updates.
    I for one never had any nausea.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Just wonderful!

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Just wonderful!

• natebear zone 10B
    9 years ago

Boring us to tears? No way! I'm so happy for you and your DH! Keep the updates coming. :)

• CaroleOH
    9 years ago

Love reading your updates. Please share, vent, whatever you need.

You should be happy you're not sick - that is no fun and once you get your results back and everything is fine, you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

Just try and be calm as there's nothing you can do to change anything at this point other than take good care of yourself, get plenty of rest and try and not get to work up about things. Stress is not good for you or the baby.

A baby in time for christmas! What is your due date?

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

So happy for you! Babies are never boring and your pictures make me smile.

We are all doing our happy dances for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Happy

• mboston_gw
    9 years ago

Ahhh...thanks for sharing the pics. I am so glad you have had good news for a change. I, for one, will never feel you post too much. Not hearing makes me anxious, so I would rather see "mundane pregnancy posts from you all the time".

You take care of yourself, baby Emerald, and Mr. Emerald!

• blfenton
    9 years ago

You cannot bore me with how great you are doing. I get nervous when you're out of touch - kind of like what happens when my nieces are pregnant.

No morning sickness or cravings here.

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

So glad things appear to be progressing normally!

• User
    9 years ago

Love the updates! Please keep them coming.

• User
    9 years ago

Beautiful! Congratulations and felicitations to you and your husband!

• Oakley
    9 years ago

Beautiful pictures! You're 3 months, right? You won't feel pregnant right now. Maybe tired is all. I never threw up or craved foods.

I think since you found out you were pregnant so early you're rushing the symptoms of pregnancy and it's stressing you out. You have to stop that! lol

Within the next month you'll definitely notice a change though.

Keep the updates coming!

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

Love the update - although I can never seen what I'm supposed to on those darn ultrasounds!! Anyone remember the Friends episode where Rachel/Jennifer Aniston can't see her baby on the ultra-sound even though the doctor and Ross keep trying to show her? Anyway....... breathe in, breathe out mommyemerald.

• tinam61
    9 years ago

So glad you updated! Very happy for you.

• ILoveRed
    9 years ago

Wonderful update. Sweet!

You are due the same time as my dd. She uses some app that tells you how big your baby is ie: your baby is as big as a peach, what is developing, etc.

I will find out the name of the app for you.

• lynninnewmexico
    9 years ago

Awe, I'm so happy for you and your DH! Happy news and happy pics are always welcome here as are your updates. Keep them coming and know that you have us all pulling for you.
    Lynn

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone!!

LOL @ dlm. It's the baby's (BIG!) head over on the left, then the belly, then the real white almost rectangular shapes are the feeties stretched out. I was nervous about the head being so big already but it's just because it's zoomed in LOL. The baby was about the size of a plum and weighs about 1 1/2oz so he/she is TINY!

I'm due about December 15th (it changes based on the measurements they do so it keeps moving up and down by a few days but they said it's normal). Can you tell I worry about every single last detail?!

Thank you all for being so excited for us. I'm almost afraid to get excited in "real life" as I am so nervous something could still go wrong. I guess I won't breathe a sigh of relief until the baby is here and healthy. Then that's when the real worrying begins?! :)

• eandhl
    9 years ago

I am so very happy for you & DH. Keep posting with updates!

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Nope, no boredome here either. Keep the pics and the info coming! So great to hear from you and glad to know everything is normal!

• User
    9 years ago

How exciting! I'm so happy for you.

• ellendi
    9 years ago

What great news. Other than gaining weight, I never had any symptoms either. And, this was for both my daughters.

With all that you have been through, I still feel you should take things extra easy. It can't hurt to be overly cautious.

As you see, you are in our thoughts, so keep posting often.

• yayagal
    9 years ago

You've got a real "sweetie pie" in the oven there. I love all your updates, every woman loves hearing about a new baby coming in to the world.
    I have three children and never got sick with any of them, no cravings etc. Life as usual. Enjoy your summer, smile and laugh as much as possible, it's such a good stress reliever. See lots of positive people, feel blessed and special and we'll do all the praying. You're going to be just fine and so is your daughter (my guess).

• amicus
    9 years ago

Don't be silly, we anxiously await the birth and love reading your updates! I'm assuming that using the name 'emeraldisle' means you have some family connection or affinity with Ireland. My family's roots are from there and my grandmother embroidered a little Irish prayer and gave one to each of her children when they had a newborn, to hang in the baby's room.

May you always walk in sunshine.
    May you never want for more.
    May Irish angels rest their wings
    beside your nursery door.

• lovestowalk
    9 years ago

Thanks for the wonderful update Emeraldisle!! I am so happy for you and Mr. Emeraldisle!! Definitely keep us posted.

• 2ajsmama
    9 years ago

So glad to hear everything is going well! I didn't have much nausea with DS, maybe you're like that. Though they say the first is worst, DD was awful for me, sick all the way through so don't complain about not having THAT symptom! Just relax and enjoy...

• funnygirl
    9 years ago

Awww, what great news!! Please keep the updates coming:)

(No symptoms for me either with first pregnancy.)

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

What a wonderful update! I am so happy to hear you do not have any nausea and that everything is going so well.

Yes, you are right-- the worry continues even once the baby comes Earthside, but you will still feel like you made it through one big hurdle at that point anyway!

Blessings for your continuation of a boring and beautiful pregnancy!

• natesgram
    9 years ago

I'm always looking on this side to see if there are any updates so it was a real pleasure to see your bundle of joy today. As you can tell, we all love hearing your news and it's exciting that we're in on the secret! I could make out the baby's shape right away and remember how fun it was to hear my grandchildren's heartbeats.

I was wondering if you have learned to knit or crochet? It might be a good hobby to take up while you're waiting and it does help to relax you. You're going to need a lot of blankets anyway.

The best to the three of you.

• sc_irish
    9 years ago

Awww, Mama Emerald (and papa Emerald, too!) I can already tell you are going to be wonderful parents....in that you recognize the 'tease' your little 'love-blob' is being! (Ha, ha...camera stopped....now I'll perform!!). Get used to it.....this 'teasing' could go on for the rest of little love-blob's life! ~ And then.....this beautiful 'blob' translates into this magical head...complete with eyes, nose, mouth.....before you know it there will be eyelashes, fingers, toes, nails....Oh My!

Please continue to take us along on this miracle journey with you and papa Emerald. We'd feel rejected if you didn't include us now!!! And as to the Christmas decorations.....good idea, but maybe you should hold off until just after Halloween. That would still give you time to set up the nursery after the decorations go up! Be Restful - Be Happy - Be Thankful - Be Content

• marlene_2007
    9 years ago

That is the most beautiful picture I have ever seen in these forums :-). I am so happy for you and your husband!

• amj0517
    9 years ago

Great to hear that things are going well. Keep the updates coming please!! :)

• caminnc
    9 years ago

Wonderful news!!! Posting too much? Never!!!