Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gsciencechick

Anyone have AT&T U-verse?

gsciencechick
9 years ago

They are doing lots of install/hardware in our neighborhood. We have Time Warner Signature Home with all the bells and whistles, but we pay a LOT, especially for supposedly 50MBS download speed which we really average about 35MBS. AT&T used to be DSL which has pretty much prevented us from considering them.
So, they are offering us about a $70 savings on basically the same package, and we are about ready to jump from TWC, Not looking forward to Comcast merger.

Anyone have them, especially internet? They are offering 45MBS download speed with this package.

Any feedback appreciated.

Comments (5)

• jmc01
    9 years ago

We've used AT&T UVerse for 5-6 years. Internet, TV, phone. only 2 short service outages - both weather related. The service is fine.

WIth ATT, once year 1 was over with the promotional rate...the cost went to being competitive with the competition. And it inches up from there. Every year now, and we just made the call again last month, we call customer service, ask for the retention dept, let them know we'll be leaving them unless they come up with something that lowers the cost. Don't bother with regular customer service - those folks aren't authorized to find the deals. Must talk to the retention dept. Miraculously, they always find a package. It's a game and they admit it.

• melindy
    9 years ago

We've used it for almost a year, just for internet . When we moved here the choice seemed to be Comcast or U-verse, and U-verse had better ratings from the neighbors. Although they did suggest to watch the monthly billing to make sure ATT didn't forget the discount ;)
    It's just the 2 of us, and we are not big time internet users, but we've been happy with the service so far.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

We used to have Uverse and it was fine, but then it got expensive...every month the bill was higher with no predictability other than the direction. It got so I was calling every month to get the bill fixed. I finally gave up and went with cable. Before I switched, I asked the retention dept what they could do to keep me, and they told me nothing...but if I left and then wanted to come back, they could give me all kinds of incentives.

Now I'm kind of locked into cable as I have exercise programs recorded on the dvr and I'll lose them if I switch.

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

AnnieDeighnaugh, you can usually transfer your DVR recordings onto an external hard drive or DVD. It's kind of a pain, but possible.

• deniseandspike
    9 years ago

We've had it for a while so all my promotions are over. I just paid the bill this morning for $160 for the month. This is for their U200 TV package with DVR Receiver/HD Access and Internet Max with the 12 Mbps downstream speed (and all the taxes they include).

If it was just me at home, I would cancel the TV part and just used a Tivo for the DVR and keep the Uverse internet.