Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

on my way ...

User
11 years ago

First stop is tonight with DD. We had a girl's outing and she took me to her fave place for my FIRST EVER mani/pedi ! I had to look up what that meant when ya'll posted about it here on another thread :) Had no idea. Wow...it was so fun. But the woman had to work to get the calluses off of these 61 yr old feet..let me tell you ! It was amazing. Chair massages and leg massages and oil on everything . I swear my shoes are bigger now :) Wish I had done this years ago. Of course DD said " I TOLD you so " . Smart girl. She is my heart.

Had my hair cut yesterday in my pre-ride style too. Actually have kept it like this since last year. Will need it again in 3 weeks so look out Canada.

OK...will update as I go along with crazy stories and pics. If you get bored just let me know and I will try and do something exciting and fun LOL.

Comments (33)

• ellendi
    11 years ago

Yes, keep us posted Trail, we can live through you! Safe travels. :)

• blfenton
    11 years ago

Have a great time and I hope you enjoy your trip. Starting from where I live ( or a ferry ride further) and biking across my country to the other coast is truly amazing and I don't mind telling you daunting. I won't even drive it!

Remember, July 1st is our party so I hope you enjoy it.

• JennaVaNowSC
    11 years ago

You go Caroline!! Be safe in your travels, and have fun!

• golddust
    11 years ago

Please keep us posted. I wish you safe travel and more great adventures.

• lynninnewmexico
    11 years ago

Wishing you a awesome and safe adventure! Glad you enjoyed the spa day with your DD. I'm looking forward to your updates here as you journey.
    Lynn

• kellyeng
    11 years ago

Those mani/pedis can be addictive!

Hope you have a wonderful experience and stay safe!

• Irish2
    11 years ago

Have a safe trip, "Trail"! Love the picture...you are
    such a beauty with a great crop of hair....

I get a mani every two weeks and a pedi when I need to as
    I really don't like my feet rubbed etc....odd, I know

• dedtired
    11 years ago

Wow, I love your hair. Wish I could get away with that but my hair is too floppy.

I love a mani/pedi, but I don't like when men do it. I go to a salon that has only women operators.

Love the color of your toes. Do you know the name of the polish?

Happy, Trail, to you!

• nancybee_2010
    11 years ago

You look great! What a beautiful smile.

Hope you have a wonderful time.

• jab65
    11 years ago

I'm 60+ also; and Dang, Girl, your legs look great! If that's what biking does.... Have a safe and glorious trip.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Told you it was fun to do! :-)

Safe trip!!!

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    11 years ago

"You have heard the beat of the off-shore wind, / And the thresh of the deep-sea rain; / You have heard the song - how long? how long? / Pull out on the trail again!"

~Rudyard Kipling

Safe and happy travels trail!

• natal
    11 years ago

Your daughter snapped a great pic! Have a fun ride. Be safe!

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ellen: I will be as safe as I can . I want to come back to everyone all in one piece. I'll try to tell some good stories. DD says she never laughed or cried so much as she did with my stories in 2010. Thank you !

bl...I'll surely be thinking of you on July 1 and if I am near wifi will send a note. Thank you !!

jenna : I will do my best :) Thank you !

gold: thank you...I hope to be safe for sure and have a lot of fun and meet some more great people along the way.

lynn: thank you !! I will try to be entertaining and close to the truth in my stories :)

kelly: you are so right and I look forward to many more . Thank you !!

irish : thank you for the compliment...I do have a LOT of hair :) I loved the massages...had never done it before so didn't know what to expect. It was great.

ded: DD says " oh no ! we forgot to look at the name !"...you can tell I am all about the nail salon experience LOL ! Will let you know the color when I go back in Sept. And I agree DD had a guy and he was not nearly as good. Thank you for the sweet compliment.

nancy: how lovely to say that. Thank you ! I appreciate it. My DD made my day I can tell you. What a precious gal she is...will be 30 in Oct. hard to believe my baby is so grown.

jab: you bet ! Biking really does the legs good :) Thank you !

cat: you were RIGHT ! I will indulge again for sure. I'll keep you posted.

dee: wow...now you made me tear up...what a wonderful quote to share . I am deeply moved. Thank you.

natal: that she did...precious precious girl. And she gave me a present to take with me. His name is Karl and you will see a lot more of him as I travel. Thank you ! c

• nancybee_2010
    11 years ago

trail, I can tell you care so much about the people here. It's so touching.

• polly929
    11 years ago

Have a safe trip!

Glad you enjoyed your mani/pedi. They are quite addicting.

• texanjana
    11 years ago

Caroline,

I can't wait to follow your latest adventure! Stay safe and have a great time. I can tell you are enjoying your mani/pedi in the pic.

Jana

• tinam61
    11 years ago

You look great!! Have a fun and safe trip. I look forward to reading all about it!

tina

• cooperbailey
    11 years ago

C. Have a wonderful journey! via con dios.
    So, now I am the only one left that has never had a mani pedi?

• yayagal
    11 years ago

Make some amazing memories again and may I say for sixty one
    "YOU LOOK MAHHHHHHHH VELOUSSS!!!

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

WOW! You guys are always the best :) Just woke up to get a drink of water and wanted to reread all the sweet notes...and there are more !!

nancy, I do...actually many of you know more about me than the folks I see " for real".

polly, good to hear from you . I always wondered what all the hoopla was about...now I know !! Thank you I will sure try.

jana: DD was being so funny and I had to laugh...she is a charming and sweet gal. I will have to live up to all the expectations of my great adventure, I can see :) Thank you !

tina: Thank you ! I am pretty lucky I think.

Sue: get thee to the salon...go with your DD ...you won't regret it :) Take a pic !! Thank you , I will try.

yaya: you may say it and I appreciate it LOL !! Thank you ! c

• mitchdesj
    11 years ago

here you go again, we'll be living an adventure through you, I do wish you all the best, you are an inspiration !

• runninginplace
    11 years ago

Trail, you're my shero. I love that you are living your life 100% and loving it and that is a terrific role model for anyone!

I'm turning 55 in August, and thinking about how and what I want to be as I transition to the next stage of life. I truly hope I find both my passion and my peace as you seem to have in yours.

Godspeed and good luck. Looking forward to hearing about this adventure too.

Ann

• stinky-gardener
    11 years ago

I agree, your legs are gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing your day of pampering..ooh, la la! You are all prettied up for your latest adventure, which will surely be a blast!

As others have said, you are such an inspiration. Your zest for life sends ripples of happiness out into the universe. What a blessing!

Wishing you all the best!

• bestyears
    11 years ago

I love opportunities where our children can teach us.... good for you for being open to it. I think it makes them feel do good to be in that role with us.

Have a wonderful adventure....!

• bestyears
    11 years ago

I love opportunities where our children can teach us.... good for you for being open to it. I think it makes them feel do good to be in that role with us.

Have a wonderful adventure....!

• sis3
    11 years ago

I confess I have never had a mani/pedi either, cooper bailey! I NEED one but have never had one! My running shoes store guys tell me that calluses are there to protect runners' feet and should be left alone. They don't look pretty but I sure don't want any problems when I run!

Happy trails, trailrunner! May the wind always be behind you and all the hills downward!

• folkvictorian
    11 years ago

Have a wonderful time, Trail! You're a BABE! We're all looking forward to the ride updates!

• theroselvr
    11 years ago

Safe travels! You look great!

• fourkids4us
    11 years ago

Have a fantastic time!

I just finished my third half this morning, and was inspired by all the women I saw in the race that were about your age. I hope I am still running (and maybe biking!) 20 years from now when I'm your age. You look fantastic. I can only hope I look and feel the way you do when I'm in my 60s.

Can't wait to hear about your travels!

• Faron79
    11 years ago

HEY now.....

Only I can call Trail a "Babe"!!!

;-)

So, here goes-
    Trail....you're a BABE!!!!
    There.
    ;-)

As I learned from STAR-TREK (wink-wink!)-
    "May the wind be at your back"!!

Faron

• Jody
    11 years ago

Have a wonderful, safe ride :) So glad you finally got a mani/pedi .... I should talk, I only do this pampering once a year (just before spring vacation).

Looking forward to hearing of your travels and seeing pics!!

jody

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

mitch: you are too kind !! Thank you . I will start a new post in a bit.

rip...what a sweet and moving post. Thank you . I feel all the good vibes from my friends here and it really keeps me going. I have my "devils" but I keep forging ahead. One pedal turn at a time.

stinky : thank you for the compliments ! I like the idea of the ripples moving and making a small difference even though I can't see it. What a kind thing to say. thank you again.

bestyears: my DD is an inspiration to me. She has made so many strides in her life against a lot of negatives at the beginning. She is someone I heartily admire.

sis : thank you ! I am hoping for some sizable tail winds !

folk : a BABE is it ??! You are a treat ...thank you. I have a lot of living to do it seems. Will try to live up to these great compliments.

rose: thankyou !

four kids : congratulations. You are certainly doing great ! I am sure you will have lots of success in your future races .

faron: babe again !! You guys are too good to me !! Thank you !! I hope to have a good tail wind for sure.

Jody : good to hear from you ! Thank you . I will keep you all posted as I go along. c