Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancybee_2010

Scrapbooking/storing photos

nancybee_2010
10 years ago

I store my photos in boxes, not in order. I sometimes grab a handful and look through them, and I am happy with that.

I know people who put their photos in elaborate scrapbooks, and the scrapbooks are very nice. Do you do that?

When I was growing up, scrapbooks were more literally that- you just stuck random but meaningful things in them.

Comments (5)

• hhireno
    10 years ago

I'm like you, I toss photos in boxes and enjoy the adventure of looking through random photos. I do have a few photo albums from specific trips but they aren't scrapbooks.

I think I enjoy the mixed box method more - oh look, Suzie learning to crawl, and here she is getting married, and next is a black and white of my 82 yo Mum at age 15, and then who is this and why do we have their picture?

I keep my recipes the same way. I stick all my loose recipes in a folder, all wily-nily, because then I rediscover other things I want to make while searching for a recipe.

It's controlled chaos but I like it.

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

I was never a scrapbooker and rarely put pics in albums, but one day I found a beautiful scrapbook kit and decided to give it a try. Now i am hooked! I have since learned to not scrapbook the original photo-instead i make a copy and can crop or manipulate it to my desire.

I keep the originals in an acid free box.

Scrapbooking can be simple or elaborate. My friend and i try to get together on Sundays to do it and i enjoy that so much-gives me a chance to gossip, kvetch and hang out while i get to be creative. I now have an entire roim dedicated to my scrapping!

What i like is that its a way to record a story-and i include things that old fashioned scrapbooks do-memorabilia, ticket stubs, even seefs, flowers and shells.

I used to make and sell garden art and when i gave that up (no time to sell it anymore) i still needed a creative outlet, scrapping filled that niche. Ive since filled about a dozen books and am finishing up another. I have loads and loads more to do!

• ms-thrifty
    10 years ago

I started scrapbooking a long time ago, did one album and started another-then quit. Started again two or three times, did few pages, then long periods of nothing. I need something to get me motivated again.

• bac717
    10 years ago

I have been an on again, off again scrapbooker for a long time. Lately, the only books I have completed are from major trips DH and I have taken. For this type of book, I prefer to do a traditional scapbook instead of a digital photo album because I like to include ticket stubs, brochures, postcards, wine labels, coins and anything else we collect along the way. I also find it easier to complete because there is a finite number of pictures to work with. I get too overwhelmed when I try to get started on the past 20 years or so of pictures that I have done here and there!!!

• dedtired
    10 years ago

When I was young I started photo albums for all our pictures, nicely arranged dated and labeled. I stopped doing it after a couple years and use the toss them in a box method. I have to say that I do enjoy looking at the albums. One day I will at least get my photos into some kind of order in those photo storage boxes, although it is kind of fun to randomly pull a bunch out of the cardboard box and look at them. I do wish I had more dates and names.