Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwlolo

Old Favorites

gwlolo
10 years ago

We got a new small TV. It is one of those SmartTVs that can directly connect to Netfilx, Hulu etc. As this is the first time in 5 years that we have a TV, it has been a very fun new toy and yesterday I spent several hours watching BBC's Pride & Prejudice from Amazon instant video - the one starring Colin Firth & Jennifer Ehle. I confess it was as satisfying and lovely as the first time I watched it years ago when PBS televised it. Colin Firth was the best Mr.Darcy ever and Jennifer Ehle sparkled as feisty Elizabeth Bennet. I watch this atleast once every year.

I thought it would be fun to see what "Old Favorites" everyone has - Movies, TV shows and books that they watch or read every year. Besides Pride and Prejudice, these are my old favorites:
Books - Anne of Green Gables series, Betsy Tacy, Little Women series, Harry Potter, Hobbit & Lord of the rings

TV & Movies - Sienfeld, Dick Van Dyke Show, Philadelphia story with Katherine Hepburn, Roman Holiday, Star wars, Lord of the rings, When Harry met Sally

Comments (4)

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

I very much enjoyed watching China Beach again now that it is available on DVD. I love watching The West Wing when I want to relax. It has so many episodes that it takes me a long time to watch the whole series. I also like Firefly and My Boys.

Movies that I watch selected scenes from annually are The Holiday, Notting HIll and the Doris Day/Rock Hudson movies.

Some older television series that you might like if you feel like watching youth-oriented plots are Roswell, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Angel.

I have read the Harry Potter books a few times, but not annually. I've been re-reading all of the Helen MacInnes thrillers as they have been published as e-books. There's another batch due in early August and I'm looking forward to those.

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

Wizard of OZ and all of the books that are part of it.

• pammyfay
    10 years ago

With July 4th coming, it's time for me to pull my "1776" dvd out!

And although I don't seek it out, I will always watch "Miracle on 34th Street" (the 1947 original) during the Christmas season if I hit upon it while channel surfing,

• luckygal
    10 years ago

BOOKS - I don't reread many as there are so many unread ones I may never get to! It's difficult to name my favs as there are so many.

TV SHOWS - Seldom are there fav old TV shows on my satellite system. Only things like Golden Girls or Star Wars which I did used to watch but wouldn't now. The old Hawaii Five-O I would rewatch but I don't enjoy the new one. I have watched reruns of Magnum PI. I've occasionally watched Mash reruns but they are not the same for me as they were back when. I would watch West Wing reruns more if they were on.

MOVIES - Have seen Pretty Woman, Sleepless in Seattle, When Harry Met Sally, Notting Hill many times and will probably watch them more times yet. Watched a couple of James Bond movies yesterday for the umpteenth time. Have watched To Catch a Thief several times - love Cary Grant. Have watched the following Michael Douglas movies more than once each: The War of the Roses, The American President, Romancing the Stone, The Jewel of the Nile.

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!