Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vacuums: I finally bought one

Posted by susie100 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 25, 12 at 13:08

I few weeks ago I asked for recommendations regarding vacuum cleaners from members of this forum. After reading all the input and agonizing (I do this over almost every purchase of more than a few $), I bought a Shark Navigator with a swivel head. It's not the liftaway one, since I already have a small hand vac for those jobs.
Cons: Won't go under the bed (at least mine) since the body is too wide to fit under); weight at swivel head makes it too difficult for me to maneuver on the stairs, but again, I can use the hand vac.
Pros: Doesn't feel like a cheap piece if plastic; feels quite substantial, actually; was easy to put together; most of all, carpets look and feel almost new and I can't believe all that "stuff" came out of the rugs. Ew. Pleased overall, and thank you all again for your input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vacuums: I finally bought one

Good to hear your feedback. My not-so-old vacuum is broken already, so I'll keep your positive report in mind.

o

I think we have the same model. My sister bought the lift off and it seems heavier and not as balanced as mine. Yes, the fine dirt. Yuck. I bought a bottle brush and wash my dirt holder in the sink. Just make sure it is dry before you use it again. The instructions say to use a dry cloth but the brush, sink, soap and water works much better.

o

I am bringing up this older post to say that I just bought the same Shark Navigator Pro (not the lift away) and I just love it! I bought it at Costco and with the $30 coupon they were offering, it was $119. We have a dog and a cat and I cannot believe the amount of pet hair and fine dirt that this vacuum picks up. It is the best $119 I have ever spent!
Thanks for the tip!

Dawn

o

Dawn, I got the same deal on a replacement vacuum. When I was out of town DH broke a glass inside the dishwasher. He vacuumed it out along with the water inside my dishwasher. By the time I got home, my Shark was filled with mold as it wasn't sink cleaned when I left...

DH felt terrible and bought me the Shark Pro. that week ( thanks to the coupon). Well, I cleaned up the mold from the watered Shark, including the hose, with bleach and a long brush before giving my old ( new) vacuum to Aimee. She is thrilled. My new Shark is white instead of silver. I assume you have a white one too.

o

Gold -

Yes, mine is white too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here