Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

"Exotic" Vegas car rentals?

Faron79
10 years ago

Gettin' closer to pulling the trigger on this, baby!
Four Seasons of course, std. room, 3 nites.

Car will either be a CTS, CTS-V, or Corvette!!!
(NO pussy-footin' on a rental this time)

Has anyone used an "Exotic" car-rental like this?!

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: Vegas luxury cars...

Comments (18)

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

I wish! We ended up with a Caprice-a cop car! Bahahaha.

Next time I go back, I'm going to stay on the strip and not bother with a car. It took FOREVER to get from one end of the strip to the next even during the week. But if you're going to go to places off the strip, then a car is a good idea.

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

Personally, I wouldn't spend extra for a luxury car. All I care about is that it gets me from point A to point B comfortably. But fancy cars aren't my thing.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

A convertible might be nice. OTOH, keep in mind that convertibles have very little trunk space due to the top folding down, so if you have a lot of bags, it's not going to work. If things are not in the trunk but loose in the cabin, they may fly out. Look into something like a Mustang or Mitsubishi Eclipse.

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

A convertible in 100 degree heat would not be all that comfortable.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Yeah, probably too hot at this time of year, but I have put my top down on very hot days. Wouldn't do it if I were dressed up for dinner or a show, though.

But do think about if you need a car at all.

• rosesstink
    10 years ago

Seriously? The hotels in Vegas have a line of cabs at their doorsteps day and night. There is no reason to rent a car unless you are planning on getting out of town.

• kellyeng
    10 years ago

Seems pretty ridiculous to me. Maybe it's a guy thing.

• Olychick
    10 years ago

I agree that unless you're going outside of LV there is no reason to have a car. The parking is ridiculous and you practically have to take a taxi from some of the parking lots to your destination anyway. You'll fry on those 103 degree days walking from the car to the hotel or restaurant. The taxis are reasonable and abundant.

If you want status, rent a limo. Whatever you get, make sure it has primo air because LV in summer is killer hot - which is why most people don't go there during the hot months.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

DW convinced me to switch course after we talked about it today!! She'd rather drive to Yellowstone! Oh well...that'll be nice too! So..we'll be in YS in latter July!

"A Guy thing....". Damn right!!!
    We'll do Vegas this late Fall or Winter...we compromised. I've loved cars/machinery since I was born. Now in my 50's, I'm gonna rent whatever-the-H#ll I want. To ME anyway....it's just not right pulling-up to a nice Hotel in a Prius. Sorry. Won't happen!
    I'm sure there are SOME Women who agree with me?!?!?!
    ;-)

Faron

• golddust
    10 years ago

What?? I'd drive anywhere in my Prius 5. We seldom drive DH's 2012 BMW M series X3. I don't give a flying flip what people think about me. My car doesn't define me.

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

My DD had to borrow my truck for a few days and she told me that it was the first time she'd never been tail gated or passed on the freeway. When she returned it she said she even got some head nods from guys.

Gold-If I have to go to meetings, I'll use the Prius we have in our work fleet. It's so weird to drive, no noise! Took me forever to figure out how to start it tho.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

RATS!!!!

DW wants to go to Yellowstone instead of sizzlin' Vegas!!

...made her promise that we'd do Vegas this Fall/Winter tho'!!! Soooo...I'll have to wait to rent my (probable) 'Vette!

Ahhhh YES Ogoopogo!!!
    THAT's a stud ride too! Do you guys like the Olds-442's of the day?!

Faron

• Oakley
    10 years ago

If you're talking about renting a car to get from your house to your vacation spot, you need to be practical. Especially if you want to bring things home you buy and for luggage.

I would rent an SUV, even though they're gas guzzlers. Let us know where you decide to go!

• kellyeng
    10 years ago

Yesterday, my sister told me that she reserved and pre-paid $350 for a Ford Escape on their recent vacation. She was in charge of picking up the luggage and her DH was in charge of picking up the rental. He shows up with a Cadillac SRX (the smaller SUV) saying the girl at the rental counter said it was a good deal and he didn't even get the cost.

When they returned the rental the cost was an additional $600! She was none too pleased.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Too funny Kelly!!

Sounds like something I WOULD'VE done!!!
    (My mind would be....."hmmmm...Ford Escape, or SRX??..." My decision would be made b4 finishing the thought....)
    I like the SRX in the attached link...

Yep-
    We reserved a room-3 nites-in Yellowstone, & 1 nite in Billings, MT on each end of this.

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: SRX Pic...

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

As far as getting a good price on a rental car check out Costco Travel. When we went to Maui last year our rental car cost us about $125 for 6 days, and half that amount went to taxes! The secret was to book a car (no credit card info needed at booking), then check back periodically until just before you go to see if it gets any cheaper. I think that our rental started out at over $200 for the same time period. Costco handles all the major car rental companies.

• User
    10 years ago

I think it would be fun to rent an exotic car for a day then drive out to hoover dam and have a look see. My only problem is finding a car I like that is for rent. 68 camero, or a 1941 chev truck. Hubby would like a fox body mustang but we don't fit in them unless it was a convertible. I don't think I would want it the whole time but a day ..................

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Some of you might wanna check out my new FB cover-page photo! WISH I could say I was driving it, but at least DW & DD were....neither of whom liked it very much LOL!

As I've mentioned b4 in this forum, it was taken in the parking-lot of one of the Princeville, Kauai Golf-courses.
    The smaller pic is the CTS we drove on Maui in June '09...which was at DD's suggestion!!!!!!
    (she thought it was "cute"!)

Anyone wanna "Friend" me on FB?!?!
    ;-)

Faron