Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellyeng

Tips/Tricks for Camping Enthusiasts

kellyeng
10 years ago

Found this list on FB. There are some really smart ideas and some that seem like too much trouble.

Thought this might be useful for our GW campers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Camping Tips/Tricks

Comments (10)

• texanjana
    10 years ago

Some great ideas there, wish I had had that list when we camped. My camping days are over!

• nanny2a
    10 years ago

Our camping days are over, too, but I wish IâÂÂd known of some of these clever tips when we were active campers!

• cooperbailey
    10 years ago

Thanks! awesome ideas. Sent it to my DD as she and her fiancé have taken up the camping tradition. They will absolutely love these!

• trailrunner
    10 years ago

Love a bunch of these !! DH and I tent camp all the time with our sleeping bags and camp stove. We can use several of these ideas for sure this Fall. I love the different fire starter ideas especially ! Thank you !

as an aside...why did ya'll give up camping ????? c

• tinam61
    10 years ago

Trail, I was wondering too why the camping days are over? I wouldn't think because of aging, as we see many retired folks camping.

I'll admit - we have a camper and many of the comforts of home, but adore camping.

tina

• redcurls
    10 years ago

trailrunner: To answer your question...the reason we gave it up is pretty much summed up in your second sentence: Tent, sleeping bags, and camp stove. As I aged, my body yelled out for air conditioned hotel room, comfy bed, and restaurants.

• redcurls
    10 years ago

trailrunner: To answer your question...the reason we gave it up is pretty much summed up in your second sentence: Tent, sleeping bags, and camp stove. As I aged, my body yelled out for air conditioned hotel room, comfy bed, and restaurants.

• texanjana
    10 years ago

I have a degenerative condition in my back, and can't sleep on air mattresses without paying the price anymore. We didn't have a fancy camper or RV, just tents!

• trailrunner
    10 years ago

I must admit that when we camp in our tent the only folks I see in tents are considerably younger than we are and usually have kids or are really young couples with none .

We have never wanted to spend the money on a camper etc and have used a tent since we first camped in 1978. After all the tenting I have done on my bike trips...different site every night for 50 -60 nights ! I have a lot of practice :)
    I am sorry about your back texan...maybe you can get a camper ! red...haha...you are funny...my body has called out too..I just don't answer LOL ! tina I knew you loved to get out with your DH. c

• cooperbailey
    10 years ago

I would still tent camp- but we both have to use CPAP machines - and I can't really see a power cord snaking out of the tent.
    So I would love to try a tent camper or a small camper some day.

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure