Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interesting Web Analisys for our forums

Posted by lukkiirish (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 2, 12 at 9:53

I found this site when I was searching for Gardenweb on my iPhone. I knew the site was big but wow, if you click on the different links and dig deeper, it's amazing to see how large, global and popular it really is! What I also found as interesting is how the number of cookies is higher than visitors. I thought cookies were deposited when a site was visited? The more detailed information on forums is in the sub-domains section on the right.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardenweb traffic information and analysis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interesting Web Analisys for our forums

wow, that's amazing! Did you see the part about addicts? I wonder what qualifies you for that, I think I am one!

o

Wow! That really surprises me.

o

Hello. My name is Golddust and I am a GW addict.

o

So I wonder what this means? This is what comes up when I plug in my city and state. Maybe I'm not as addicted as I feared !!!

Uniques (cookies) 879

Uniques% 0.01

Uniques Index 207

Impressions% 0.03

Impressions Index 342

o

It's fun going through all the links. I think they have one thing wrong though. Several of us probably make up for a large part of the visits (being that we are obviously here a lot more than once a day!)

o

'(being that we are obviously here a lot more than once a day!)' - I always whisper to myself - this is ok. I'm not harming anyone, I like you guys, it's ok to come here more than once a day, this is ok.

o

It can get more interesting. Someone posted this link and I couldn't remember where. Until you mentioned your find, decided to go on a hunt and found it on the net.

It tracks everything, including who posts and how many times per day, week, month, year. Plus all the posts are there to search by name or date. If you click on a poster's name it will show you all of their posts.

They state the data is used to track products, subjects, etc. for those wanting to start blogs and other forums. Plus advertisers use it for knowing which sites to market on. Garden web and many other forums have dropped in numbers due to users moving to facebook, their own blogs, and other competing locations.

Here is a link that might be useful: Board Reader

o

The reader can be skewed big time. If you have a name like mine that can be used in many other ways the numbers will be totally off. It said I posted 360 times per day the past 3 months.

Here is a link that might be useful: natal

o

Ha, that's a cool site too Emagineer, really interesting statistics.

Annie, Pal and CEFreeman. Rhome have all been busy!!!

o

Natal, I didn't see the search option. You are a very busy gal, looks like you may be on emergency birth alert at the hospital. I did know there was an advanced search, but the one you used goes all over the world. Good grief for all of us.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here