Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

Interesting Web Analisys for our forums

User
11 years ago

I found this site when I was searching for Gardenweb on my iPhone. I knew the site was big but wow, if you click on the different links and dig deeper, it's amazing to see how large, global and popular it really is! What I also found as interesting is how the number of cookies is higher than visitors. I thought cookies were deposited when a site was visited? The more detailed information on forums is in the sub-domains section on the right.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardenweb traffic information and analysis

Comments (10)

• nancybee_2010
    11 years ago

wow, that's amazing! Did you see the part about addicts? I wonder what qualifies you for that, I think I am one!

• francypants
    11 years ago

Wow! That really surprises me.

• golddust
    11 years ago

Hello. My name is Golddust and I am a GW addict.

• DLM2000-GW
    11 years ago

So I wonder what this means? This is what comes up when I plug in my city and state. Maybe I'm not as addicted as I feared !!!

Uniques (cookies) 879

Uniques% 0.01

Uniques Index 207

Impressions% 0.03

Impressions Index 342

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's fun going through all the links. I think they have one thing wrong though. Several of us probably make up for a large part of the visits (being that we are obviously here a lot more than once a day!)

• blfenton
    11 years ago

'(being that we are obviously here a lot more than once a day!)' - I always whisper to myself - this is ok. I'm not harming anyone, I like you guys, it's ok to come here more than once a day, this is ok.

• emagineer
    11 years ago

It can get more interesting. Someone posted this link and I couldn't remember where. Until you mentioned your find, decided to go on a hunt and found it on the net.

It tracks everything, including who posts and how many times per day, week, month, year. Plus all the posts are there to search by name or date. If you click on a poster's name it will show you all of their posts.

They state the data is used to track products, subjects, etc. for those wanting to start blogs and other forums. Plus advertisers use it for knowing which sites to market on. Garden web and many other forums have dropped in numbers due to users moving to facebook, their own blogs, and other competing locations.

Here is a link that might be useful: Board Reader

• natal
    11 years ago

The reader can be skewed big time. If you have a name like mine that can be used in many other ways the numbers will be totally off. It said I posted 360 times per day the past 3 months.

Here is a link that might be useful: natal

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ha, that's a cool site too Emagineer, really interesting statistics.

Annie, Pal and CEFreeman. Rhome have all been busy!!!

• emagineer
    11 years ago

Natal, I didn't see the search option. You are a very busy gal, looks like you may be on emergency birth alert at the hospital. I did know there was an advanced search, but the one you used goes all over the world. Good grief for all of us.