Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Avalon.....

Faron79
9 years ago

Yeah...I'm kind of a romantic softie sometimes!

;-)

Was reminded of this group recently. Looked up the vid., & forgot how much I liked this kinda stuff back in the 80's!
(besides all my usual thunderous Rock & Hairband stuff!!)

Hope you Ladies like this?!
Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music:
"Avalon"-

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: Roxy Music...

Comments (14)

• pammyfay
    9 years ago

I'll admit it -- that was among my cassettes (you do the math).

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Too funny PF!

What's a "Cassette"??!!??!

;-)

Faron
    (HS Class of 1979!)

• JaneJune
    9 years ago

This was one of my favorites way back when!

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

OMG - that entire album is one of my favorites - most seductive music e.v.e.r. Turn the lights down low, light a candle or two, pour a glass of wine and let the music fill your brain.

'scuse me. I need a cold shower.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I can't really explain why....especially since I grew up farming...that this well-dressed/upscale type of British music appealed to me so!?!?!?
    Groups like this Roxy-Music, ABC, etc., seemed so "cool" & "stylish", as the 80's began. Then "Miami-Vice" started, and I kinda was into that whole scene in college!

Periodically though...had to return to my "roots", & let the cannons fire with AC/DC!! "For those about to ROCK..."

;-)

Faron

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

I have never heard of this song....but the 80's were kind of a blur for me....I had 3 kids in quick succession. When I think of 80's music I pretty much just remember Madonna, Blondie and Phil Collins.

• hhireno
    9 years ago

Oh good, I'm not the only one. I've never heard that song before. I wasn't tied down with kids in the 80's so that not why. I was out and about and going dancing on work nights and still getting to work by 7 am the next morning. Ah, youth...how I miss it.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

HH....I was doing that in the 70's...lol

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    9 years ago

Loved Bryan Ferry! What a voice!

• lee676
    9 years ago

> OMG - that entire album is one of my favorites - most seductive music e.v.e.r. Turn the lights down low, light a candle or two, pour a glass of wine and let the music fill your brain.

I remember their show at the Baltimore Civic Center shortly after the Avalon album was released. Overheard comment during "More Than This" from a nearby woman: "I'm not used to hearing this with my clothes on"....

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

LOL!!! I know what she means!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

When I saw the post title, I immediately thought Jersey shore, Faron!

Not sure about the song, but wow, those shoes! Fabulous. :)

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

"Not used to hearing this with my clothes on....!"

WOW! Never thought these kind of responses would be raised!

I guess maybe there have been some "pleasant experiences" associated with this song...;-)

Faron

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

Pleasant experiences - yeah, that's what we'll call it ;-)

Listen to this with someone you you love ....... and as I said before, turn the lights down low, light a candle or two, pour a glass of wine and let the music fill your brain.

Here is a link that might be useful: Take a chance with me