Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynn237

Anyone here have a nutribullet?

Lyban zone 4
9 years ago

I was looking at the nutribullet on amazon.
Like everything today there are quite a few models.
Those that have one can you tell me which one you like.
Thanks

Comments (16)

• funnygirl
    9 years ago

Several months ago I gave my Blentec to DD since I wasn't using it as I thought I would and knew she would use it regularly and appreciate it more than I did. Then I missed it for the occasional smoothie. I purchased a Nutribullet 900 about 10 weeks ago and couldn't be happier. It takes up very little counter space, is easy to clean, is powerful, and makes great smoothies. I'm no smoothie aficionado but I can't tell the difference between those made in the Blentec and those made in the Nutribullet. DD seems impressed, too. Ironically, I've had a smoothie almost every morning since purchasing it. I'm extremely happy with this purchase!

• User
    9 years ago

I have a magic bullet, very happy with it.

• jshore
    9 years ago

I also just purchased the Nutribullet 900 and am very pleased. My daughter was home from college and makes a lot of smoothies. My KitchenAid blender was terrible, and I just didn't want to make the jump to a Vitamix or other expensive blender. After using the Nutribullet for a week, she really liked it, so I let her take it back to Boston with her and bought another one to have in the house. It works well, and clean up is very easy. It also came with a variety of containers. For $119, it was a good purchase. Plus, I bought it at BB&B, so was able to use coupons for each purchase.

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Funny, I just bought one about a week ago...the Nutribullet 900 at Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% off deal. I had the Magic Bullet for years and it was getting worn out. I had researched the Vitamix, etc but they were so big, bulky and expensive, so I decided to try the Nutribullet since they are so much cheaper. I use it for smoothies and wanted to get more involved with making daily shakes with greens, etc too. I love it! I looked Amazon's deal, but if you have a BB&B close by and a 20% off coupon, it's the better deal. Comes with the hardback recipe book in the box plus the recipe booklet.

• Lyban zone 4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone, looks like everyone loves them.
    I am going yo watch bed bath and beyond .
    Every time I turn around there is something new on the market.
    Such fun

• sweetpotatobabe
    9 years ago

Considering you're interested in the Nutribullet, you probably don't want the extra power and price tag of a Vitamix (around $400). You might even be happy with the Magic Bullet if you don't need the extra wattage in a Nutribullet, and it's usually half the price.

Here is a link that might be useful: Deciding Between the Nutribullet vs Magic Bullet

This post was edited by sweetpotatobabe on Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 12:36

• funnygirl
    9 years ago

I had a Magic Bulet before the Nutribullet. The Magic Bullet did pretty well but always left a chunk of fruit after blending. Maybe I was doing something wrong but I doubt it. I still love the Nutribullet and wouldn't trade it for anything. Perfect smoothies Every. Single. Time. Portable enough that I took it with me on a trip recently, and it takes up very little visual and surface real estate on the counter. Love!!

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Ooh, now I want one!

We have a Ninja blender, which works great, but it's not very elegant sitting on the counter. Plus -- since this is a decor forum I can say this -- it's WHITE and my cabinets and trim are all OFF white. So you can imagine how disturbing it is.

• Oakley
    9 years ago

DIL uses our Magic Bullet but I haven't used it yet. She really likes it, especially to make smoothies in the morning which don't take long at all. We don't have the same taste in smoothies though.

Funnygirl, do you have any simple smoothie recipes I could make that doesn't call for a million ingredients? lol.

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

I have two smoothie recipes I've been using this summer.

The amounts are approximate.

Orange creamsicle smoothie: 1 c almond milk, 1/2 c OJ, and some frozen peaches. Add a scoop of vanilla whey powder if you want.

Chocolate PB banana smoothie: 1 c almond milk, cut-up frozen banana, 1 T cocoa powder, 1 T peanut butter. Add a handful of ice. I loooove this one.

• User
    9 years ago

You know I have the magic bullet and really didn't use it very much.
    Then one day I accidentally bought whole bean coffee instead of the ground coffee, and used the magic bullet to grind the coffee up in.
    Boy, it did a great job, I must say.
    I know it sounds funny, but I wasn't using it much til I found a new purpose. LOL.
    So, for those with a magic bullet, try griding whole beans in it, it's easy, fast, and boy does that smell good!

• hhireno
    9 years ago

Plus -- since this is a decor forum I can say this -- it's WHITE and my cabinets and trim are all OFF white. So you can imagine how disturbing it is.

Heeheehee, that's funny sueb!

• lucillle
    9 years ago

I have a mini Oster, so far used only to make protein shakes, it works very well. I have space for it in an upper cabinet easy to get to, I don't have a lot of counter space so don't leave it out.

• tinam61
    9 years ago

I also have an Oster blender which works great for smoothies. I don't use a blender enough to go for a bullet.

Sue, I've made your chocolate banana pb smoothie. I'm going to try to creamsicle - I would love it, I'm sure! I don't often add the protein powder, but do flaxseed, nuts, etc. for the protein.

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Look what you people made me do.

• Lyban zone 4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sue,
    That is a beauty and it goes so well with your backsplash.
    Enjoy!