Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wearybuilder

green tea anyone?

wearybuilder
10 years ago

I'd like to start drinking more green tea. I don't want to get into the additives and sugary stuff...that's what I'm trying to wean myself off of. I don't know if I have the patience to learn about straining the leaves.

Do any of you have a favorite green tea that is healthy and easy to deal with?

Comments (13)

• ellendi
    10 years ago

Anything from Republic of Tea! I like the green tea with ginseng and honey. But at the moment I am drinking their Ceylon tea and a decaf (always like a decaf alternative ) British Breakfast. My husband likes their chamomile lemon.
    Check out their website, they have tons to choose fromâÂÂ

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Yes, thank you. I'll take mine with a splash of cream, though they say mixing in dairy undoes the anti-oxidant effect of the tea.

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Green tea is supposed to have a significant effect to reduce breast cancer! From Dr. Fuhrman:

"That same study showed that the women who ate 10 g of mushrooms and simultaneously consumed green tea had 89% less likely to develop breast cancer."

10g of mushroom is approximately one mushroom.

• pammyfay
    10 years ago

I'm sure it doesn't have the amount of "true" green tea leaves in it than some other brands, but I like Celestial Seasoning's box of green tea and mint. It's quite refreshing during the summer. I just make refrigerator tea now (putting some tea bags and cold water in a pitcher or plastic carafe and then into the fridge). There are a couple variations of it on the shelf -- the box is green and black.

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

Like pammyfay, I like the CS Mint green tea, green/black box. It's great for tummy aches too. ;o)

• msrose
    10 years ago

I drink Tea of Inquiry and The People's Green Tea by Republic of Tea.

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

I was just talking about green tea with a friend yesterday. I want to drink it for the health benefits, but it leaves a weird aftertaste in my mouth, sort of a combination of bitterness and an odd dryness. Anyone else? If so, have you found a brand/type without this effect?

• annac54
    10 years ago

I like the green tea & mint blends also. There are several brands that are good. Another green tea I like is genmaicha. It's a Japanese green tea with a little roasted rice which gives it a sort of nutty flavor. I've used several brands including Coffee Bean &Tea Leaf and Numi. This is also the same as Tea of Inquiry mentioned by msrose.

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

sue, I get the same reaction to green tea, very earthy feeling in my mouth which is unpleasant. I want to love it because of the health benefits.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Green tea is not good for the health of those with atrial fibrillation and should not be drank. Just thought everyone should know this.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Actually, there are studies and reviews of studies that show green tea can actually be a benefit to those with AF. I would recommend always asking your doctor if you have any condition like that. Btw, green tea and black tea come from the same plant, but are processed differently.

• User
    10 years ago

I've been drinking a lot of white tea lately, which also has many health benefits. You might want to try it, Sue, it's milder than green tea. I buy Shoumei White Tea by a company called Foojoy - it's from China and I buy it at an Asian grocery store but you can also get it on on Amazon. I keep a pitcher of iced tea in my fridge and try to drink a couple of glasses a day.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Intering, cyn427. My doctor gave me a list of foods/beverages to avoid and green tea was on the list. Might ask him again.