Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annie1971_gw

UGH! Grossed and Angry Rant

annie1971
10 years ago

I received my order of sandals from one of the famous home shopping places we all know. When I opened the box there was a snotty, bloody kleenex tissue right on top! At first I thought it was packing tissue paper and picked it up! ICK. And we wonder how viruses and bacteria spread so quickly! This stuff came 3 thousand miles to my doorstep. Why do people think it's ok to send bloody snotty rags through the mail to other households.
I wrote a pretty scathing e-mail to ###, but haven't received a response.
Yes, I know it probably wasn't on purpose -- or was it? I don't know, but I'm still grossed out and angry, especially since I take so many sanitary precautions.

Comments (13)

• lizzie_grow
    10 years ago

Ugh & ugh....totally gross!

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Wow. Maybe a disgruntled employee?

• dedtired
    10 years ago

That is HORRIBLE! I hope they make it up to you somehow.

• hhireno
    10 years ago

I've been told that commenting on a company's Facebook page gets a much faster response since that is visible to more people. An email is only seen by the Customer Service people. As with any complaint, to be taken seriously don't write it when you're angry or you might sound unreasonable and not be taken seriously.

• texanjana
    10 years ago

Oh my gosh, that is horrible. Sounds like a disgruntled employee to me, too.

• blfenton
    10 years ago

That was done on purpose and is absolutely disgusting. I'd send it back exactly as I received it.

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

Used to work at a Pediatrician's office. The nurses opened a package (not vaccines) of medical stuff and lo and behold in addition to the medical products was a hairbrush and hairspray bottle. Used. omg.

• hilltop_gw
    10 years ago

I'd be angry too! Did you take a picture to document it? I would and then I'd call and ask to speak to a supervisor. Request that the item be documented that it was not contaminated blood (i.e. HIV). Tell them you expect a response w/in 24 hours confirming they will do this. I'd think they should be able to trace it back to a specific location, shift and person. As gross as it is, I'd probably send them only part of it and bag up the other part and keep it in some obscure location just in case something becomes of the perpetrator and you need proof. That's totally unacceptable!

The link below is from slate.com and talks about sending blood products in the mail.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2009/02/blood_mail.html

• bestyears
    10 years ago

I wouldn't send it back, I'd hang on to it for the time being. Then email the VP of Customer Service, cc the VP of Sales , VP of Operations, and CEO. I bet this was deliberate, and they ought to know about it. They will be 1000x more concerned than the dept. supervisor.

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Hopefully they can trace it back to the individual who packed or inspected it.

Curious if you had words with anyone at the store prior to purchase that might have ticked them off, or if they are just out to get back at the company for something? I've heard that there are waiters who will spit on food in the back if someone is rude to them!

• annie1971
    Original Author
    10 years ago

snookums: This was a major shopping network; I ordered online. I'm sure it's nothing personal to me, but rather a very poorly trained, undisciplined working slob. It was on top of the shoe box inside the packing box.
    I haven't decided what to do, but I won't send it back and further contaminate unsuspecting people at the other end.
    I will probably continue to pursue the executive management mail angle.

• theroselvr
    10 years ago

In addition to what was suggested above; I would also leave a rating at the link below. If you're able to upload the photo of it to a photo sharing site; I would also do that as well as linking the photo in your feedback on RR. At the very least they should give you the shoes plus shipping for free as well as a nice sized gift card.

Also consider leaving feed back on google reviews

Gross!

Here is a link that might be useful: Reseller Ratings

• Vertise
    10 years ago

I wouldn't follow a disgruntled employee to the ratings area unless they are apathetic or unresponsive about your complaint.