That Face is creeping me out

the one in the dirt...that's all!

Comments (23)

• emeraldisle624
    9 years ago

Why did you make me look!?

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

The dog on the counter, which the face replaced, creeped me out.

• ellendi
    9 years ago

Funny, I ignore all those pictures.,the dog on the counter was a GW's dog in a "does my dog match my kitchen?" thread.

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

I just felt the dog was looking at me, LOL! For some reason the person's face in the dirt doesn't give me the same reaction. At least they have been changing the photos. It seemed like we had the same ones for sooo long.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

yes, that dog one, well, dogs give me the warm fuzzies!

• tinam61
    9 years ago

It seems I am oblivious LOL. I never noticed the dog pic and probably would have not seen the face pic had not not posted.

• bac717
    9 years ago

Me too!!! I am claustrophobic and it's leaning toward being buried alive, so that's what really bothers me.

• dedtired
    9 years ago

Well, that face in the dirt is definitely weird but the most awful was a picture of a pile of compost including rotting food. Ugh.

• pammyfay
    9 years ago

Ditto to what EmeraldIsle wrote! I am not "digging" that!

• Circus Peanut
    9 years ago

The dog, actually, was jodi_in_so_calif's late passed pooch Lilly and she had sentimentally photoshopped her onto the countertop. No countertops were dirtied during the making of that photo.

Just fyi for those who were grossed out. :)

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

I thought it was jodi's kitchen which I always loved. It didn't bother me to see the dog on the counter, just felt like she was looking right at me. Also, I couldn't tell if it was a real dog or a statue. It being photoshopped explains that.

Its funny how people react to things differently. There was a thread not long ago on the cooking forum??? about a toaster strudel commercial. Some said it gave them the creeps, others not.

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

Ha, ha!!! Me, too!

• shuffles_gw
    9 years ago

I was glad when they got rid of that pizza. That was torture!

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    9 years ago

Install Adblock Plus 2.6.
    Right click on the image
    Select "Adblock Plus Block Image"

I did it with all of the dessert pictures, too. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Adblock Plus addon for Firefox

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have adblock plus and don't get any ads but these aren't ads are they?

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

Ah ...finally..I don't have those photos on my PC. I have the one at the top with 3 people gardening.

But I just turned on my Kindle Fire and saw the face!

I wish I knew a way to eliminate ads and extraneous photos from my Kindle tablet.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    9 years ago

They aren't ads, they're links to GW promoted threads, so an ad block shouldn't get rid of them if it's working properly.

EDIT And yeah, the face creeps me out, too. :)

This post was edited by writersblock on Wed, May 7, 14 at 22:17

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

Back when posters where complaining about the huge daffodils on GW I followed someone's advice and used Adblock and eliminated the flowers from my PC.

The only photos I have on this GW page are the 3 gardeners at the top and then an orange Calendar of Events - no face in the dirt. I only see it when I use my Kindle Fire.

This post was edited by maire_cate on Thu, May 8, 14 at 21:22

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

I found the post - it was on the Kitchen Table. When I followed Bob's suggestion the daffodils went away. I wonder if you could do the same for the face in the dirt?

............original post.....
    Is there anyway to turn off the background image?

Posted by bob_cville (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 10, 14 at 11:28

I use AdBlockPlus in Firefox, it allows you to open a list of all blockable items on a page. Ctrl-Shift-V

One of the items so listed is:
    http://graphics.gardenweb.com/graphics/ivil/home_25-03-14/YellowDaff.jpg

Select and block that specific URL, and reload the page.

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

I just tried it - I clicked Ctrl-Shift-V and a list of blockable items came up. One of them is the 'compost' graphic.

Since I'm not getting the face in the dirt on my computer I can't try it to see if it will block it. But it worked on the daffodil image when I tried that one.

• TxMarti
    9 years ago

Is it the veggies used as horns or the Criminal Minds idea of a body dump?

Creeps me out too.

• dedtired
    9 years ago

Cool. Face is gone. Great tip.

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

Here's an easier way to block the photo - gadgets just posted one Kitchen Table.

...".I use adblock plus, right click on the picture, click on adblock plus, then click on 'add filter'. It only blocks the picture, not the link. "