Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ms_thrifty

Vana White ?

ms-thrifty
10 years ago

What happens to all those one time only gowns and dresses? Who designs them?

Comments (16)

• ellendi
    10 years ago

What a career she has made wearing those gowns to turn the letters.

• maddielee
    10 years ago

I happened to see her on the Katie Couric show just last week. Designers loan the show the gowns and they are returned after filming.

ML

• Vertise
    10 years ago

I used to like watching Wheel of Fortune, but the whole gown thing is just silly, imo. I never really paid attention or thought they were anything special. I remember when she was the rage. She was one of the most popular celebrities on television. Maybe still is, lol, I don't follow that stuff. But it was kind of odd. Big smile, pretty gown, turned letters. She didn't really say much. Interesting career. I bet she's made a few million doing that.

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

I had to look up her age, she's 56- looks pretty good for her age.

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Wow, she makes $4 million per YEAR! After 30 years on the show, you'd think her net worth would be more than $15 million.

Sajak makes $8 million. I enjoyed Chuck Woolery but never really took to PS.

Values sure are out of proportion. I don't pay much attention to those ads that generate it all either, lol. Can you imagine how much the networks make?

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

My ex-husband put in the pool at the house VW and her then husband George Somethingorother (I think he was a restraunteur). He said that the husband was a jerk but Vannah was very sweet. That was at the height of her popularity.

• caminnc
    10 years ago

She is divorced!

• dedtired
    10 years ago

I like Vanna. She has a certain sweet appeal. At work, any time anyone had to stand up and do something with a flip chart or point to anything in a meeting, they were called "Vanna". Has anyone else noticed how large her head is in proportion to her body? She looks darn good for someone in her 50's. Actually, she looks darn good for any age.

• OllieJane
    10 years ago

dedtired, funny you mention her head, when I was in Beverly Hills and Hollywood a couple of months ago, we saw a huge amount of celebrities at an event, and, I believe, the word the I have heard lately the celebrities are called "Bobbleheads". These are the celebrities that are SO skinny their heads look huge! Not all of them, but, a good portion of them.

Now, I can't get that "Bobblehead" image out of my head!

This post was edited by olliesmom on Thu, May 9, 13 at 9:21

• judiegal6
    10 years ago

I hear them referred to as "Lollypop Heads". Big head stick body, lol.

• busybee3
    10 years ago

keppy ripa is who i think of when i think of large head, skinny body....

• busybee3
    10 years ago

sorry... didn't even read my post... kelly ripa!!!

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Never thought of it before, but Kelly is kind of a Bobblehead. I'll have to watch for others.

• ellendi
    10 years ago

The reason why Merv Griffig picked Vanna was precisely for her large head.

• jterrilynn
    10 years ago

Ellendi I remember seeing an interview with Merv long ago where he said big heads are great on camera /TV. He mentioned other famous big headed people to make his point...can't think of who they are, my head is little.

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Vana (and the others) look anorexic. Nancy Reagan had that same look from being too skinny.

Am I the only one who didn't know Elton John is only 5' 3"?

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource