Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yborgal

For women only

yborgal
10 years ago

My MIL needs to use 'Pads" in order to deal with some leaking issues. She needs extra absorbency, but is unhappy with a longer length. Why don't these companies give the pad measurements on the package? One company's regular length may be the same length as another one's extra long. Sheesh! You'd think somebody would have thought of doing this, wouldn't you?

Comments (8)

• Jamie
    10 years ago

I used to sometimes where multiple small ones for long distance cycling.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

There are these new tena pads that are supposed to be smaller yet more absorbent...maybe give those a try.

• Oakley
    10 years ago

After I got a nasty bout of pneumonia about 10 years ago, I had to wear pads because of coughing, etc. I no longer have to, thank goodness!

It took me awhile to find the perfect brand and length, simply by experimenting. Has your MIL done that? I do remember this though, the biggest name brand pad in the world (the one our mom's used, lol) was THE worst. lol

• User
    10 years ago

A lot of pads have pictures of the length on the bottom corner not tena but feminine hygiene products.

• yborgal
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cl, the pictures are deceptive. Some of the regular length pads are about 2-3" longer than others. I just think the manufacturers should consider listing the measurements on the package. And, actually, I'm the one doing the buying because she's now in an Assisted Living Facility. I can't tell you how many packages I've bought trying to find the right length for her.

• theroselvr
    10 years ago

It gets costly buying them.
    I wonder if making a few phone calls to the companies would work better? You may be able to ask for a sample pack.

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

Because of 'birthing' 5 babies naturally, my bladder is definitely not what it used to be. When I get dressed up, the last thing I want to do is pee in my pants if i've coughed, sneezed, or laughed too hard. I buy the Poise regular, and cut them in half, slightly overlaping the cut edges with the rounded edge in the front/back. These are the best as far as absorption. Now you know everything about me! ;o)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Just wanted to say that these things are not for women only...men can have issues as well and they make pads specifically for men...

Also, if you are going to be buying these things in any quantity, it probably would be better to search on line or check through a medical supply store. We were buying products for both DH's aunt and mother for years and we found them much less expensive that way.