Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pammyfay

johnmari: the epsom salt mix?

pammyfay
13 years ago

Responding to one of my questions a while ago, you discussed the bath mixes you do.

I mixed up a concoction last night for a foot soak--I saw a high-priced mixture at a store and just put together some of the ingredients that were listed on the label: epsom salt, baking soda, and spearmint and peppermint essential oils (and boy does a little go a long way on those oils! i put in way too much, and now my bathroom and bedroom smell like spearmint, which is kind of nice in a way!). The bottle also said there was tea-tree oil, but I passed on that (I recall using a facial cleanser from the Body Shop that contained that, and I did not like it at all, so I couldn't imagine it being very beneficial for this foot soak).

Anyway, would you remind me of the ingredients and proportions you use? Also, when you put them in a container for gift-giving, do they stay good for a few months or so, or longer? I'd rather have a pre-mixed jar of the stuff in the bathroom rather than all the ingredients cluttering the room up.

Thanks!

Comments (2)