Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deegw

Is there a full moon?

deegw
10 years ago

All over the GardenWeb there have been so many odd threads and posts recently. People have been less than gracious (some have been horrid), people have been making condescending pronouncement posts and people in general have been posting about things that make no sense.

Is it just me or have others noticed too?

Comments (21)

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

Phew, have I noticed!!! I think I mentioned in one of the nutty threads (that thankfully has been deleted) that it must be a full moon in gardenwebland. And then I feel myself almost stooping to the same level in response which makes it all the more frustrating for me! I should be above petty internet arguments!

• chispa
    10 years ago

A long, bad winter? Cabin fever?
    Too many shootings, bombings and deaths the past few months? People feeling afraid and powerless IRL?
    Or we are all just getting old and cranky!!

• nancybee_2010
    10 years ago

yes, in particular in a recent thread where the poster tried to start a fun topic, and was kind of jumped on for using a certain word- I think they knew exactly what she meant- just wanted to criticize-

• graywings123
    10 years ago

Or the Buyer from Hell thread on the Buying and Selling Homes forum.

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

graywings I think that one is a case of someone with too much time on their hands - figured they'd throw the line and see what/who they could reel in. Other than that I haven't noticed any odd threads but then I don't come close to reading every thread on the Discussion side of this forum so probably miss a lot of drama.

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

The Custom Building thread that's been deleted was a doozy!!! You missed out dlm

• jterrilynn
    10 years ago

Graywings I didn't even know there was a buying and selling forum until recently. I went over to look at the Buyer from Hell thread and still canâÂÂt figure out how the buyer is from hell. It all just reminded me of some of the senior gals my mom knows who have never traveled far from home and are deeply suspicious of happenings outside the bingo gathering.

I do see a slight edginess lately but I maybe reading that in as I am a bit edgy lately.

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

kellienoelle - at least give me a heads up next time there's a *fun* train wreck thread - I keep enough popcorn around for everyone ;-)

• polly929
    10 years ago

It is becoming increasingly hostile where it doesn't need to be. I'm coming here less and less. I used to loved GW, but I don't enjoy it the way I used to. Sad to say, but true.

• Oakley
    10 years ago

I had to take a peek at the thread. I was riveted. lol. I couldn't figure out the point of her topic either. Shouldn't the OP be grateful that someone wants to buy her perfect house? Talk about biting hand that feeds you! lol

Speaking of full moon's, there will be three Super Moons this summer. :)

• jterrilynn
    10 years ago

I just posted in reply to a cabinetry interior port station on the kitchen forum. This is a good test to see if there really is something going on with edgy comments here on GW. Every time I post our diy pictures of our port station I get all sorts of negativity. People respond withâ¦I wouldnâÂÂt have a drawer port station because I will forget my phone in there when I go to Alaskaâ¦I would not have a port station because technology is going to change in twenty years. I wouldnâÂÂt use that pliable electric line because my gerbil might get his toe caught up on it. I wouldnâÂÂt do that because if I crawl on my hands and knees, lay on my back and stick my hand up through the back of the cabinetry it somehow might wrap around my neck and pin me to the ceiling next to the chandelier where my hair could get caught when IâÂÂm blowing my nose and kill me.

Ok, I might be exaggerating a little lol ïÂÂ

• User
    10 years ago

jt...you didn't mention "catch on fire " LOL...I am sure it is a fire hazard too...c

• jterrilynn
    10 years ago

Trail lol, oh I forgot that one.

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

jterrilynn - snort! SHAME on you for speculating that what has worked for you might work for someone else! The nerve!

• Oakley
    10 years ago

Jt, post the link, I couldn't find it. lol I wish I had an official port station. I did reserve an area on the kitchen hutch where an outlet is. Most of the time it's messy. :)

• jterrilynn
    10 years ago

Here ya go Oak...

Here is a link that might be useful: port station

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

I'm mostly on the home decorating forum, and have noticed recently that all is not right. I don't know if it's new people posting and not being familiar with 'forum etiquette'(does it still apply?)or if it's a lack of not caring if someone is slighted and feelings are hurt. With all the social newtworks( i'm not a member of any)i'm sure there's more of this, and people may tend to carry it over to other forums, maybe even life in general. It seems our tolerance level has definitely become sub par.

• texanjana
    10 years ago

Jt-You are a hoot! I just read the "Buyer from Hell" thread - more like "Seller from Hell" if you ask me.

• chispa
    10 years ago

Port station ... I though you had some kind of DIY liquor distillery in your house! Lol, which might explain many of the unlikely, but risky, outcomes you described!

• jterrilynn
    10 years ago

Lol...port station...you are killing me hehehehe!
    Speaking of Port, can Port go bad after opened? I know the brandy part won't but what about the red wine part? I have a few bottles and almost never touch the stuff. Maybe I better have a few pops since this move has me nerved up. The only time I drink port is on rare occasions when I have a house cleaner come. I clean the house with the cleaner, crank up the music and after get out the port. I try to make it fun for all. I didn't offer the last gal any though because she couldn't figure out how to use the vacuum and was kind of creepy and dull.

• Oakley
    10 years ago

Looks to me your port station is pretty safe, and knowing it will only be used for phones and similar things, I wouldn't worry. Loved your description of bending over with a cig in your mouth. Now I'll have that visual all day! lol