Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mitchdesj2

random thoughts on friday...

mitchdesj
9 years ago

I'm dealing with too many details concerning moves and renovations, I want to simplify life not complicate it.

my head is full, I need to meditate........ or get a quick fix like a massage.

I should be close to my family instead of being away, life is funny sometimes, I wonder who is looking out for me and guiding me. I'm a lucky person and I have to remind myself of that.

these are my random thoughts floating in my mind this morning, do any of you sometimes feel like there's nowhere to express how you really feel ?

Comments (6)

• blfenton
    9 years ago

I sometimes feel like my brain is a plate of sticky spaghetti. If I could just get a hold of one piece and unravel it, then my brain would stop being a jumble of mixed up random thoughts. Some day, one day....

I run, and that does often help to solidify a thought or two.

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

I'm there with both of you. Some days my thoughts bounce around so much it feels like my brain is lighting up like a pinball machine. Everything under the sun is getting pinged, sometimes multiple times but nothing is staying lit long enough to complete the thought, create a plan and begin implementing it.

mitchdesj - I have been sitting on the *moving fence* for so long now I have a permanent dent in my butt ;-) Can't commit to staying or going, in part because of just what you said - I should be closer to my family/kids and the move as considered would be farther away. But as to your question, "do any of you sometimes feel like there's nowhere to express how you really feel ?" I am lucky and have a few sacred resources where I can say anything - but zeroing in on what exactly it is that I'm feeling is often more the issue. The emotions are there but are sometimes so entwined and amorphous that it's hard to tell what they are related to. I'm getting off your couch now, doctor!

blfenton - I wish exercise helped clarify my thoughts. It does push them out of my head for a while but when I'm done there's no more clarity than when I started - I'm just sweaty!

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Wow, is there something in the air? I was just thinking this morning that I need to CALM DOWN. I've been so antsy and anxious all week. I am so busy with work, my DS is graduating from HS in 3 weeks and I have such mixed feelings about this milestone, having issues with older DS, going on a big trip in less than a month...I feel like I have ADHD.

I definitely need to meditate but can't seem to make it happen.

• runninginplace
    9 years ago

My youngest daughter graduated from college this morning. Yesterday she discovered she earned cum laude designation, which was so thrilling for her and for us.

I'm so happy, and yet it is also a bittersweet moment: the end of the years of us being parents of 'school children'. It was only yesterday that she was running to the minivan in that pre-kindergarten uniform, or telling me about being named editor of the HS paper, or any of the other million moments large and small through the years. Waiting in the campus auditorium brought back memories too of all those holiday pageants and school plays and how I promised her and myself that if she was ever marching, we would be in the audience cheering her on.

And then she walked past us-beaming-after she got her degree and it was the last time and the last audience. Even if she goes on to graduate study, she won't be our girl any more, she will be her own woman doing it.

Today too, she completes the third generation of our family to graduate from the same university; her 90-year old grandmother was reminiscing about graduating in the class of '45 while we waited for the procession to start. Her brother finished here last year. Both her dad and I hold all our degrees from this place. So the memories are deep and dear on so many levels.

Family party will be a restaurant celebration tomorrow night. I feel so fortunate and so thankful for what life has brought us.

Ann

• nancybee_2010
    9 years ago

I've been feeling like this too! I feel like telling the voice in my head to just shut up.

I have so many little things to do, and I have been so disorganized about it. I keep telling myself I'm going to cut down on caffeine, but then I don't do it. Don't know if that's it, or if maybe I have a form of ADD!

• mitchdesj
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I put all my files away for the weekend, instead of having them stare at me . I also booked a massage for tomorrow at 11.

A reflexology therapist I use in Florida always makes us relax at the beginning of the treatment, she has me visualize this "scoop out the chatter in your brain"
    she says.

thanks for chiming in girls, it's nice to know I"m not alone feeling this way.