Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

Deep Thoughts and other silliness

Oakley
10 years ago

We need to laugh! Are you ever alone and suddenly a trivial thought pops into your mind and then you're like a dog with a bone wanting an answer right away?

As I was listening to the radio this morning while driving, they were talking about a lottery prize being about a 100 zillion dollars. For one person.

Answer me this. Why give just one person all that money instead of giving a hundred people a zillion dollars each? Wouldn't that help the economy a lot better, and wouldn't more people buy lottery tickets? Where I live the proceeds go to our schools, but I don't buy tickets because the odds are so low of winning anything over two bucks.

Also, when listening to the radio, do you want to rewind it when you didn't hear something very well, then realize you can't rewind radios? Or can you on new cars? lol

What are your deep and silly thoughts?

Comments (14)

• jterrilynn
    10 years ago

I was just thinking about how hysterical my husband is and how if I was a comedian how I could do whole segments on just him alone. Likeâ¦what it means when you are both laying in bed and he hits your hand purposefully with the TV remote. Or, what it means if late into the evening he suddenly starts vacuuming a little area near youâ¦purposefully, like you donâÂÂt hear the darn thing. Or, when he fly's by you with his work shirts in an exaggerated manner, the ones you had hung in the laundry room. It all just cracks me up! Sheesh, all it would take is a compliment and a kiss. I think he must have read somewhere that house work and striking someone with a remote is foreplay.

This post was edited by jterrilynn on Fri, May 17, 13 at 20:26

• Oakley
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Awww, he sounds like a keeper! My DH is playful too and I just love it. Next time take a picture of him "flying." lol

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

It's a beautiful morning here and I have all the windows and doors open to catch the breeze and hear the birds sing. A dove of some kind is cooing nearby. It always has the same song/call, which sounds like it's saying, "Coo coo ca choo". As I hear it, I can't help but wonder whether the Beatles and Simon & Garfunkel heard that same type of dove calling and then used that in their songs, "I Am A Walrus" and "Mrs. Robinson". Urban Legends says that it has no real meaning and was first used by the above artists. I'm convinced they "stole" that dove's call to use in their songs.
    Lynn

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

I heard the voice of an old love in a dream and woke to my heart doing flip flops~does a heart ever forget? I asked my DD and she thinks it's the mind that never forgets. I disagree. He's not *in* my mind, but obviously still *in* my heart. So much for deep thoughts....

And silliness.......my kitty is sitting in front of the keyboard swatting at the cursor. Sometimes he appears so human-like. ;o)

• Oakley
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lynn, I love the cooing that Doves make. We have a family of those big Dove's, the kind that look like Pigeons. They almost sound like an Owl. They're new here, and they've set up shop! Many bird babies are being born right now.

I hate when a male Mockingbird is looking for a mate. If you hear a Mockingbird during the middle of the night (always outside my bedroom window!) it's a male searching for a mate. Fun fact!

Patty, is your old love still alive? If not then he may have really visited you. I believe in that stuff!

It's dangerous for me to clean the countertops. Lizzie likes to lay on a bar stool and I wash them with a wet rag then dry with a towel. She just sits there waiting to claw my fingers as they go by.. Bad kitty! LOL

Speaking of bad kitty. For months my 4y.o. DGS kept calling Lizzie, "Bad kitty." I would always get onto him and say "that's not nice!" Then I find out there's a popular children's book titled "Bad Kitty." :)

A bit ago my DIL played a trick on me. She had some frozen pineapple and gave me a chunk to try. It had been soaked in Rum! Bad DIL. lol

• graywings123
    10 years ago

Oak, you must be channeling my mind! My favorite lottery is the Virginia New Year's lottery that awards $1 million to 20 winning numbers. That makes so much more sense than one person winning $20 million. A million dollars would be life-changing for most people. And yes, sometimes I want to rewind the radio.

My Deep Thought is that people talk too much and listen too little. Did you ever call someone on the phone to relay one specific piece of information that needs to be conveyed and you can't even get the sentence out without the other person grabbing the conversation and running with it?

• Oakley
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gray, my SIL is like that when I call her. And she keeps going on and on and ON. As much as I love her there have been several times she's called and I have DH answer the phone and tell her I'm in the shower. lol.

My mom is like that too which makes it worse. I could tell her I'm dying and she'd say, "One time I thought I was going to die and..yada yada yada" for 30 minutes!

I wish I knew why they don't spread the winnings out in those powerball lotteries. It's just common sense. That's one way to get our economy up and really help out the organization that gets the proceeds.

• chispa
    10 years ago

Agreed on the lottery, but maybe up the amount to $10 million or $5 million per person, since the jackpots seem to get pretty big lately. Spreading the winnings would make so much sense.

Why are there never any cops present when some idiot is doing stupid things?

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

I think that the Powerball prize is so big this time because California just joined in the Powerball lottery - lots and lots of new players. Also, the big jackpots bring out people who don't usually buy lottery tickets. I don't think I would want to undergo the kind of scrutiny that the winners of these huge jackpots undergo.....but I still bought a ticket. ;)

• mboston_gw
    10 years ago

I heard that if no one wins tonight, it will be a BILLION dollars next time. but at 600 million, if you took a one time prize, after taxes, you would get 226 million. The neighbors at the other end of the street were talking about the lottery and they said, "If you hear us yelling and screaming, you would know we won." DH and I said, if we won, no one would hear a peep out of us cause we wouldn't want anyone to know until we got legal help!

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

DH and I said, if we won, no one would hear a peep out of us cause we wouldn't want anyone to know until we got legal help!

Definitely! And I would change my phone numbers, and probably go to an "undisclosed location"...lol There is a family in my town who won a 300+million Powerball jackpot, and we have a mutual acquaintance, so I could probably ask them for advice. ;)

• mboston_gw
    10 years ago

Guess I don't have to get legal advice!

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

I guess I dodged that bullet - no 24 hour news crews at my house. ;)

• mboston_gw
    10 years ago

The winner is from Zephyrhills, FL and the ticket was bought at a Publix store, which is a chain grocery store here. Zephyrhills isn't too far away from where I live - closer to Tampa, FL than me. One of my husband's co workers lives there and they have a lottery pool there in his dept. (He doesn't play.) Anyway, I asked him if she buys the tickets for the group and he said , No. Good thing or the Radiation Therapy Dept would be empty tomorrow except for DH!