Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deegw

Jim Cantore is about 1/2 mile away!

deegw
11 years ago

So, either we are going to get creamed or it will be much ado about nothing. Hopefully it will be right in the middle. I do like a good storm.

Comments (8)

• Oakley
    11 years ago

Are you all under a tornado warning or something? I refuse to watch the Weather Channel. I've had friends email me saying "It looks like you can get a tornado!" And TWC has it all wrong! They do this all the time.

Now we've had Storm Chasers out on our dirt road before. And that is really scary. lol

Listen to your local weather people. And stay safe!

• natal
    11 years ago

How close are you to Beryl? She's coming ashore in GA isn't she?

• deegw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We are on an island about 30 minutes North of the Florida/Georgia border. It looks like the eye of Beryl will hit just South of us. We need the rain but the wind and high tide could cause some issues.

• User
    11 years ago

Dee, I sure hope you and yours are okay! You are in our thoughts so please keep us posted as much as possible!

• natal
    11 years ago

I saw Cantore on St. Simons Island. Is that where you are? Are you vacationing or is that where you live?

Stay safe!

• nanny2a
    11 years ago

Deee, I feel certain that you should be okay - perhaps just some much needed rain and heavy winds! We are just miles up the coast from Savannah, on the river in Bluffton, SC. It has been a windy day on the river, but sunny and so far not anything too significant. Brought in all the floats and light furniture from the dock, where we found an otter family nesting under our floating dock. That was fun, seeing the river otters frolicking right there under our dock!

I spent the afternoon planting in the garden, instead of floating in the river as we often do on weekends. Hopefully we will get some much needed rain from this storm, it has been so dry we have had to water daily and the soil is still dry as a bone.

St. Simon�s is a lovely area, we used to spend a lot of time there when younger. DH has cousins who live on a street right off the beach where we used to vacation often. Be safe and have a great weekend!

• deegw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Storm update - We had some pretty intense wind but we thankfully kept power. My biggest storm worry is always about all the giant live oaks around our house. A huge branch right over our bedroom creaked ominously all last night. I seriously considered sleeping in another room!

On the good side - we had a beautiful huge double rainbow last night.

Here is a link that might be useful: Double rainbow

• porkandham
    11 years ago

I'm glad the storm wasn't any worse! I love SSI! DH and I got married there.