Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Out from under "a cloud"....

Faron79
10 years ago

Proud of myself to a point here!

Couple days ago was my last Zoloft. Have been tapering off for ~ a month now!
Thanks mainly to the Mental-health Dr. I've been seeing for a year now, I feel SO good!
As I stated once b4, worries/fear were getting to be an issue with me, and were causing mild symptoms of their own. Some lack of interest, motivations, etc. I was worried about my heart-health, etc. She has been so wonderful!!

I feel SO MUCH more "engaged" with life and interests of mine!! Such as constantly babbling about Cars, Rock, Hawaii, fashion, places to visit, my MN Vikings, another possible #3!!! Bison Nat. Football Championship?!!?!, etc., etc......DW & DD just roll their eyes most of the time!! I feel more pleasantly INTENSE now!
(also....I seem to hear "turn it down" MORE frequently nowadays!!)
* Loud song playin' now....."Last Mile" by Cinderella!!!!!

2012 was kind of a "recovery" year for me.
2013....watch-the-hell-out....;-)

* Gosh....KISS's "I love it loud" seems loud now...;-)

Sorry...just had to pleasantly "vent" here!

Faron

Comments (24)

• graywings123
    10 years ago

It's quite all right! This place is like cyber-Zoloft . . . without the side effects.

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    10 years ago

So happy for you Faron. Watch out world ... he's back!

• nancybee_2010
    10 years ago

This is great, Faron. Glad to hear it!

• User
    10 years ago

So nice when you get to the................. life is good again. Congrats!!

• yayagal
    10 years ago

It's great to hear a person express their happiness. Life has ups and downs and you're definitely on the up side now, hooray!

• hhireno
    10 years ago

That is wonderful, Faron. Good for you. Perhaps a celebratory trip to Hawaii is in order?

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

That's great, Faron! Congrats!

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Congrats, Faron!

Are you still going to the Moondance Jam? Unfortunately, our big rock festival was a disaster the second day. It was promoted rain or shine, but pretty much all the headliners were canceled due to rain. Since they had shuffled the remaining lineup, we saw literally 10 min of an all-day show. They were offering a very small amount of refund or a one-day ticket next year, so we are attempting to dispute with cc. I am definitely NOT going back next year. Just really bummed we didn't see Soundgarden.

• User
    10 years ago

Good Luck..it is nice to hear from someone on the "up" side of down :) c

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Wonderful news Faron. I love hearing good news, especially from someone as nice as you! One word of warning---watch the volume-don't want to have to get hearing aids too soon! ;)

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You guys are wonderful!!!

I probably don't deserve such nice "Internet cohorts", but I'll take it!

Weird thing was, when on Z, I never felt like I was taking anything...just less nervous and worried. I had more motivation, and our cars never looked better! Looking back, I realize of course...that it was more the Therapist than the med.! It's amazing the difference She made for me. I'm thankful for her help.

She mentioned (and this fascinates me!!) that MRI-scans of people on a med like that, and patients with cognitive therapy help/skills...look very similar, when those therapies have been in use! It shows the the "re-wiring" effect/changes the brain goes through during a "recovery" of sorts.

Cyn-
    You'll have to type louder.....can't seem to hear you...;-)

Hhireno-
    Yesssss....I'd love to do Hawaii again! Trouble is...DW & DD are on Kauai NOW. It's DD's College-Grad. present...Summa-cum-laude!!! Dad stayed home to save some $$$$, and to be with our our "furry daughter", Callie!

GS-
    Yeah...this years M-J seems pretty cool!! Hairball starts it off, with other bands later, like....Slash, BTO, Scorpions, Johnny Rivers, The Sweet, MOTLEY CRUE!!!!!!!!!, Cheap-Trick, Head-East, Halestorm, & others....UFFDA!

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: 2013 Moondance-Jam....YUMMY!

• teacats
    10 years ago

How wonderful to hear from you!!! :)

Wishing you all of the best Hard-Loud-Wild Concerts for the summer season! :)

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I s'pose I should be acting more "mature" for being 51...but....naaaaaahh!

Faron

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

OMG Faron! Moondance Jam sounds so awesome. We are not getting any decent rock shows this year-it's all about the latest autotuned yuck as big headliners. I'm going to see a few shows-Cheap Trick, REO & Loverboy and The Doobie Bros, but all the good stuff is definitely not on the west coast this summer.

Have you heard of Kings of Chaos? It's a rotating group made up of members of Matt Sorum, Duff McKagan, Joe Elliott, Gilby Clarke, Glenn Hughes, Sebastian Bach, Steve Stevens and a rotating cast of others. Slash is performing with the on some shows. Unfortunately they're not preforming in the States this year.

Oh, and congrats about the 'new' Faron. I'm really glad your therapist was able to get you feeling good.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rock on Pesky!!

Slash will be with a group of guys called "Slash, ft. Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators" at Moondance!! They're headlining (11pm) on Fri., with B & T and B-O-C b4 that on Fri. 7-19.

Yeah...it's nice to be more confident again, & not so worried!

Faron

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    10 years ago

Bummer things were a little bumpy but so awesome to hear things are on the upswing for you, Faron. You absolutely deserve wonderful Internet cohorts. You deserve and are worthy of wonderful in general my friend. ;)

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

Glad to hear you are in "up" mode, we can sense it in your tone and it's catchy !!!

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sometimes I feel like busting-out the WWE intro....."Lets get ready to RRRRRrrrrrrruuuuuUUUUUmmmmm...buuuuuUUUULLLLL"!!

Hmmmmm....
    Just realized this makes me seem a little "Manic"!
    Not at all! Just the real me!

Fun-C,
    When you posted...wonderful DID happen. And no, that's not meant in a corny way!

Thanks also to you "Mitch", & to all my wonderful cohorts here!!!!!

Faron

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

So glad you are feeling so fine.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

SO happy to hear that our resident handsome man in the wilds of ND is feeling so good! It makes me think of a 'Best Of' CD I just bought from back in our 'early days', and as I listened to this cut today, I thought of you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Huey Lewis and News - I Want a Nnew Drug

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

M3D-
    Oh THAT vid. is a HOOT!! Still love that song!
    (the green carpet in the opening scene....uggghhh...I'd want some drugs if that was in MY house...;-))
    I remember I had SUCH a crush on that Blonde @ the 3min. area...Uffda!

However....some here are thinkin' about me now when a "drug-reference" comes up....hmmmmm....;-)

Faron

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

No, I had read your post and had just bought that CD after seeing Huey on Rachel Ray last week. I ordered it Thursday and it was here from Amazon on Friday! NO inference intended that you are on drugs - now a happy LIFE is your drug!

I did a huge pharmacy vendor conversion back in 2001 for a large insurance company. We actually made a CD with songs that made us think of parts of the project. Since the company was going from one PBM (pharmacy benefit manager) to another, THAT was the lead in song - I Want a New Drug.

We also had Clapton's 'Co*a*ne', 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' by the Stones (reference to 3rd tier drugs that aren't in the formulary), and one that cracked us all up - 'Se*ual Healing' by Marvin Gaye. We chose that one when we ran reports for the previous PBM, and saw that some women had filled scrips for Vi*gra. 'First of May' by the Bee Gees referred to the day we cut over from the old PBM on 5/1/2001.

12 other songs rounded out our 'Conversion Highlights' CD, including our song about endless testing, which was 'Do It Til You're Satisfied', by B T Express. You'd love it!

• mary_lu_gw
    10 years ago

So sorry to hear you have been under a cloud but so happy that you were able to get out from under it. Enjoy every day!

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

M3D-
    THAT was a cool side project!! I would've really gotten into that!
    Your V^agra reference, "sadly", made think of AC/DC's "Let's get it up"....;-)
    "My my myyyy..."

But I digress (again!)-
    Going thru the various phases of CBT has been an interesting journey! Learned a lot about human fear-creation, responses TO it, etc.

Faron