Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

I hate Comcast update and a happy ending.

User
11 years ago

I wanted to post an update because the outcome was a bit more surprising that I suspected it would be. I'm STILL not a fan of Comcast by any stretch of the imagination, however when a 3rd attempt to get some linemen out here failed, I blew a fuse and went ballistic. I think the turning point was when I said I belong to a large forum (hee hee) and had gotten numbers of some hire ups who I was ready to contact. The supervisor for the techs called me immediately (when he hadn't returned my messages before) and was at our house the next day. He confirmed that a technical guy had been canvasing the wires since 6:00 that morning and found all kinds of issues that were the cause of our problem. They were all being fixed that day and the service has been working flawlessly now for a week. Yeah!!! Now I have the supervisors card and direct number and hopefully I'll never have to go through this again.

We did end up having to increase our bandwidth to support the streaming we do and that's 12/mo, but I didn't mind doing that once the service was working properly.

Thanks to those who responded to my earlier I hate Comcast rant, DeeDee, I have that number now and hopefully, will never have to use it. :c)

Comments (5)

• fourkids4us
    11 years ago

I'm glad that you resolved your issues but sorry it was so much headache for you. I didn't post to your earlier thread but we had major problems with Comcast about five years ago. I went through something similar as you. The problem had escalated several times and even though I was dealing with a high up person, the people he had to deal with were just idiots. No one seemed to be communicating so they'd send someone out for the wrong thing, think they fixed it, etc. They'd fix it, then something would happen again. It was just an ongoing problem so we finally switched to Verizon. I know all providers have their issues - I know there are people who have had bad experiences with Verizon too. I've been fortunate that in the years we been with Verizon though, we haven't had any problems. Knock on wood!

And I hope your issues stay resolved but good to know you have the supervisors' numbers.

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    11 years ago

Glad it worked out Lukk!

• lynxe
    11 years ago

"I blew a fuse and went ballistic. I [...] had gotten numbers of some hire ups who I was ready to contact."

Boy does that sound familiar! I now have the direct line to a high muckety-muck, but what I had to go through to get it is MIND-BOGGLING. I've had to contact Comcast many, many times since that "little" incident, but I'm saving the personal contact for when I really need it!

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks FourKids, Dee and Lynxe.

I know all providers have their issues

How true they are all just to big for our own good, Comcast is the worst though and now that they own one of the networks, I believe it will get worse.

I went through exactly what you did Lynxe and what I really believe is since they are the only cable service in our area, (which is needed for streaming) they feel it's okay to treat their customer base poorly with poor service on all levels. They have perfected the system too so its virtually impossible make any one person be accountable. The left doesn't know what the right is doing and they like it like that. It's enough to drive a normal sane person to insanity.

• fourkids4us
    11 years ago

"The left doesn't know what the right is doing and they like it like that. "

That was exactly my experience. Every time I called. Some things never change I guess!