Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ms_thrifty

things I'm loving this season-state yours

ms-thrifty
10 years ago

loving the soft peach and aqua colors;; the multi color shoes; the roll sleeve tops; the skimmer, or just below the knee capris, also the the roll up pants of all lengths from jeans to cargo; maxi skirts, and the soft cottons at affordable prices.

am also happy to be finding lots of white -as I love white jeans, capris, etc. and am finding large selection in all kinds in my size this year.

Comments (8)

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

I'm loving the variety of pant leg widths and lengths, the tunics and longer tank tops, loving that black is everywhere amidst a sea of colour, so of course I am loving what I prefer !!

I did go out of my comfort zone and buy a bright yellow long cardigan, 2 "versace ish" looking print silk tops,
    ( I almost cringe when I see them in my closet ) but I get compliments when I wear them ( people are so bored with my all black look).

• ellendi
    10 years ago

I'm happy that there are choices that don't include the tight lycra look of seasons past.
    I am now trying to buy more blouses rather than the same t-shirts. I bought a few that are pretty florals and flowy not tight.
    I like that all leg types from skinny to bells and anything in-between are in fashion.
    I haven't noticed the skimmer, I think that is what we used to call pedal pushers?
    I recently bought two pairs of skinny jeans that look good on me! Not the leggings fit, but definitely the current look.

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

I haven't really shopped for myself at the Gap in years, but they have a particular t-shirt right now that I LOVE. It comes in Petite, which I need, and it just fits me really well. I have it in 4 colors now!

I just bought a pair of black lightweight denim cropped jeans from Christopher Blue that I'm in love with. I should be, they were $120! But I have the worst time finding pants that fit, and I think I'll be wearing them a lot, so for me they were worth the price.

I also love Horny Toad skirts and dresses. They're jersey material, so easy to just throw on. I am about to buy a second black jersey skirt from them, because I'm afraid they might stop making it!

I like to wear black on the bottom (I'm pear shaped) and keep all the color and pattern up top!

• deegw
    10 years ago

Boyfriend skinny pants from Old Navy. They have a relaxed boyfriend fit in the hips and narrow legs. Skinny pants look ridiculous on me and boyfriend fit makes me look schlumpy. Boyfriend and skinny together? Perfect!

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

I love the colors out this season, for a change. It's been a long time since I've found so many pretty tops in colors that I look good in to choose from: soft turquoise, clear sky blue, pale yellow (and black). I've got capris, shorts and skinny slacks in white to wear with them. I love skinny slacks and jeans and hate to think about them going out of style someday (probably soon with my luck). It's great that so many different pant styles are "in" this year . . . and therefore available. I also found a great, very simple, sleeveless black linen shift at J Jill that I'm loving because it's so easy to dress up or down . . . and it's comfortable, too.
    Lynn

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

We've been having a heat wave so I have been wearing jersey knit print dresses and have been as cool as a cucumber. I look better dressed than shorts and t-shirt and yet I'm more comfortable...like I'm in a house dress. There are so many more of these easy dresses available in street and maxi length now which is great and they aren't expensive.

• graywings123
    10 years ago

Haven't bought them yet, but noticed in the Lands End catalog some active swimwear items that enable you to get in the water while staying covered up - rash guards, swim shorts, board shorts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rash guards

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

I've found a new love for maxis. Perfect for the office-when it's too cold inside due to the AC, but still cool enough to wear outside.

We're still not experiencing sufficient heat to break out the summer stuff-so you're still likely to see people with their lightweight fleece jackets and cargo shorts on!

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!