Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jatind

Name for a website

JatinD
9 years ago

Hi All,

I am looking at starting a website that will be a one stop shop for interior designing ideas. I need help in closing on the name for the site. I was thinking of Homez.com. However, before I block the URL, I thought of getting some suggestions from this forum. Please help. Thanks.

Comments (9)

• graywings123
    9 years ago

That sounds like a fine name for a website.

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

Whatever you are thinking of, search for it and close misspellings on different search engines.

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

I don't know about that, as i's pretty close to Houzz and, in my opinion, doesn't describe what you'll be selling.
    I'm confused about what you'll be selling too. You say design "ideas". What exactly do you mean by that?

• User
    9 years ago

Honestly, when I first did a quick scan of the post, I thought it said Houzz. I'm maybe consider something else since it's so similar.

• dedtired
    9 years ago

I agree, sounds too close to Houzz. You want to be original, not sound like you are imitating something else. It's hard to come up with something new. Be sure to post a link here once you have decided.

• JatinD
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi All,
    Many thanks for the kind messages. Even though it's a very good name for a website I agree with a couple of posts that it feels like a direct copy from houzz.
    Could you please suggest alternate names for this site. Idea of this site is for end users to find ideas with regards to interior designing and also for interior designers to display their precious work.
    Best,
    Jd

• JaneJune
    9 years ago

So you envision your site to be similar to Houzz? Or is it set up more like this home dec forum? What other ideas have you brainstormed?

• User
    9 years ago

And it should be Homz. At first glance I thought you had a Spanish last name (like Gomez) and it was named for you!

I know nothing about copyright infringement--- make that LESS than nothing to be clear--- but if someone opened a houzz lookalike site called Homz I would expect a call from attorney.

• User
    9 years ago

Oops, someday I will learn to read the other responses, sorry.

I think people have a weird mania for voting on the things they like (or Liking them, lol), so perhaps something called Would You Live Here? And the bedroom section could be Would You Sleep Here (bedrooms), Would You Cook Here (kitchens), etc. and people would look at the pictures and vote a simple yes or no. It may sound ridiculous, but remember for several years Rate My Space was a supernova in the decorating internet community.

Or shorten the website name to WYLH

This post was edited by kswl on Thu, May 22, 14 at 22:21

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus