Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tuesday_2008

Need help from Annie or other "sewers"

tuesday_2008
9 years ago

My daughter has three pair of linen slacks from Old Navy that are very loose and flowing with a stretchy fold over top that are too big. She ordered them in a 1X to wear after she had her baby 9 months ago (they are awesome post-partum pants). Even though she still has a weight problem, they are too big, and she would like to have me alter them so that she can at least wear them this summer until she takes the rest of her weight off.

I am not a great seamstress but I can do simple things like straight seams and hems. Because these slacks are supposed to be "flowing" there is a lot of material in them. Should I just take a straight seam down the entire outer side, beginning at the waist line, or should I take a seam on the inner seams. I'm not real concerned about the fold-over waist. They don't have to be "perfect" as these are her casual summer slacks.

Note - the link I am attaching shows them in cotton instead of linen - not sure if they have changed them or not, but they look just like these.

TIA
Tuesday

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Navy slacks

Comments (4)