Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

What an air head!

Annie Deighnaugh
10 years ago

So yesterday I had some errands to run that would take me about 30-40 min away from home.

I'm also wanting to work on this dress for me to wear to the wedding and am concerned about fitting my big bazoombas, so I wanted to see this Palmer Pletsch book and how they did the princess seam adjustment...and the nearest library that has the book is another 30 min from there. So as I was that far, stop at the stores, then head to the library to get the book out. No problem, right???

Hard to do when you leave the library card at home!

Would you believe it? So I get there and they wouldn't let me take the book out! So rummage for change, make copies, take notes and leave.

What an air head!!!

Comments (16)

• bestyears
    10 years ago

Been there, done that, very frustrating... There are some pretty good FBA's on line too, if you have difficulty with the Palmer Pletsch directions..

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's one I like....

• busybee3
    10 years ago

done that many times!!! thank goodness our library system can charge to our library card through driver licenses!!

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Yeah, ours can operate without a card too! They just look you up and can even give you a temp pass for special access areas.

Defin ATE ly ???

Is that supposed to be an airhead pun?

• hhireno
    10 years ago

Ooo, that is frustrating when something like that happens. Maybe that's where you left your glasses? Hee, hee, hee, just teasing.

My library will let you borrow without your card but there is a small fee (50 cents I think). I consider that a fair way for them to make a little needed money and fair penalty for being forgetful. I've only done that once when I ran in without my library bag because I was only getting one thing and thought I didn't need my bag.

I also have a key fob style library card but I keep that one in my gym bag, in case I see a title in the library vending machine at my gym. One day there was a lady checking out multiple DVDs to get to the one she wanted in the back. She would just toss the ones she didn't want right into the returns box. I was shocked and asked is it fair for you to tie up all the movies? She said the library lady comes today to restock so these will go right back in the machine. Oh, okay then, that makes a bit more sense.

• Olychick
    10 years ago

I was sure this was going to be a "you won't believe where I found my glasses" post...:)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks best years, I'll check out the link...

Hahaha! You all remember my glasses! You know where they are??? I wish you did as I still have no idea!

Such an air head!

• lizzie_grow
    10 years ago

Annie,
    So sorry...I feel like I've become an air head lately, too. So much so that about 6 weeks ago, I left water running in a plugged in sink while I took a lengthy phone call. That resulted in a new floor in laundry room, new walls in part of the room below, new paint, new new new new....

I am working very hard on tending to one thing at a time, and not being so scattered. Sounds like you've got a lot going on, as did I, & think that really contributes. Seems a little silly the library wouldn't let you check out the book anyway....IMHO !!

• ellendi
    10 years ago

Actually in this day and age of computers, they couldn't look you up in the system?
    I don't show my card at my local library any more.
    So, no you are not an airhead:)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks guys. GF was telling me yesterday that another friend was running around the house doing stuff and realized she couldn't find a gallon of milk.

a gallon of milk!

She looked in the laundry room, everywhere she could think she had been...no milk.

She finally found it....it was in the cabinet with the coffee cups!

So glad I'm not the only one! Airheads love company!

;)

• lizzie_grow
    10 years ago

Let's unite & get t-shirts... :)!!!

• hhireno
    10 years ago

Speaking of misplacing things (like eyeglasses & milk) -
    When I put on my eye makeup, I always stand at my vanity with the drawer that holds everything open so I can pick up and return things to it. Last Friday I was putting on my eye makeup and, after I used it, packing each item to go away for the weekend.

As I apply my makeup, I can't find the little brush I use. It's not in the drawer, the only place I keep it. It's not on the vanity top, it's not in the bathroom, not in the trash can below the vanity, it's gone. Poof. Vanished. Even though I had used it the day before. So I finish what I can do, drive across town to an Ulta store to buy a new brush, return home, complete my eye makeup application, and finish packing for our weekend trip.

To add insult to injury, the next morning I realize in the confusion of stopping to buy the brush and then finishing the packing, I didn't pack my mascara. Oh my word, how stupid and ridiculous. So while my husband attended meetings, I drove to a drug store and replaced my mascara.

Thankfully, my things were neither expensive to replace, like eyeglasses, or stinky if not found, like a gallon of milk. They were just annoying little glitches in an otherwise nice weekend.

I'm still hoping the original brush will show up and then I can keep one in the drawer, where it belongs and has always been, and one in my travel kit.

• melsouth
    10 years ago

Two weeks ago, my daughter went to the store for me.
    She returned, put groceries away, and brought me my debit card.
    Handed it right to me.
    Sometime within the next few minutes, the card vaporized and has not been seen again.
    Just got my new one yesterday.

Where, oh where, do the things go that I have lost?
    Are Annie's glasses and hhireno's makeup brush in the same place?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You just know there are gremlins with a store room full of our stuff laughing their fool heads off!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

lizzie...love the idea! Airheads unite!

Now if only I can find where we put those darn t-shirts!

Did I remember to order them???

• lizzie_grow
    10 years ago

Seriously...which one of you took my dish cloth????
    It was here & now it's not.
    I don't think I'm wearing it....

• Faron79
    10 years ago

Big "Bazoombas"...!?!??!
    ;-)

Faron