Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mitchdesj2

Season 2 Call the Midwife

mitchdesj
10 years ago

aaaah , only 2 episodes left, then the Xmas special.

I particularly was touched by sunday's episode, with the tuberculosis testing. This is the kind of series I wish was endlessâ¦â¦.

I am looking forward to Chummy's return for those last 2 episodes.

anyone else under the spell of that show ?

Comments (18)

• hhireno
    10 years ago

I thought I was DVRing it but somehow I recorded the one about Selfridges instead. And I didn't realize it until Sunday. D'oh! I'll have to watch the episodes online. I really enjoyed the first season.

• maire_cate
    10 years ago

I agree wholeheartedly - Sunday's episode was the best of the entire series. DH walked in during the final minutes and asked why I was wiping my eyes.

• golddust
    10 years ago

I watched that episode but it is the only one I have seen. Boy am I late to the party! Made me cry too and I'm totally unfamiliar with the series.

Question: Is the Dr in love with the Nun who was diagnosed with spots on her lungs? I've set to record it next week but I'm dying for a little background.

• lizzie_grow
    10 years ago

I, too, love that show...love it!

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

I watched the first ones, and then missed some and couldn't get back into it. Where do you watch them online?

I also missed the first episode of a new series last week of The Bletchley Circle. I caught the end and it looked good.

• mitchdesj
    Original Author
    10 years ago

gold dust, there is definitely something between the 2, the nun is torn about her vows and her feelings.
    The Dr has a little boy and is a widow.
    I wonder how this will unfold.

• livvyandbella
    10 years ago

Is their any way you can find season 1 on tv? I have enjoyed season 2 so much.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Oh yes, I am loving it. I will be sorry to see the season end.

I have missed Bletchly Circle because it is on at the same time as Mad Men. I will have to find it somewhere as everyone seems to be enjoying it.I am notso crazy about Selfridge and think that Jeremy Piven was miscast.

• texanjana
    10 years ago

I am hooked! Got Season 1 on Netflix, and have been recording and watching Season 2. I always cry. It makes me feel fortunate as a woman to live in this day and time.

• fourkids4us
    10 years ago

Love the current season of Call the Midwife but miss Chummy. The latest episode was so touching.

Ded, I have a DVR so I can tape both Mad Men and The Bletchley Circle. I haven't yet watched Sunday's episode of Bletchley, but did see Mad Men. I'd almost given up on Mad Men as I wasn't crazy about so far this season but Sunday night's episode was GREAT! I'm so glad I didn't give up on it. I watched about 15 minutes of Selfridge but didn't like it at all. I love Jeremy Piven but didn't take to him in that role.

I reserved at the library the book that Call the Midwife is based on and can't wait to get it.

• ratherbesewing
    10 years ago

Season 1 is also available at my library. I love this show so much. This past week's show made me cry too. I have said it before --read the book (non fiction) with the same name. Love.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

I need to get a DVR. My Tivo died.

• ratherbesewing
    10 years ago

I had to jump back onto this thread because after watching last night's show (episode 7). The previews show for next week's show showed Chummie going to the hospital by ambulance. Oh no! I hope she doesn't die in childbirth... Meanwhile, Sister Bernadette seems to have beat the TB.

• mitchdesj
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Will sister Bernadette leave the congregation and marry the doctor ? I hope so. What a delight that show is !

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    10 years ago

Call the Midwife is one of the best shows ever in my opinion. And just think, this took place in the l950s.

• Oakley
    10 years ago

I've caught two shows and I have to agree, it's excellent. And I'm like Gold, I had no idea what was going on. lol.

Hopefully they'll show the beginnings in reruns, and then I'll record.

Here's a gripe I've had for a long time. Why won't the USA put stuff on like the Brits do?

• yayagal
    10 years ago

I love it too, always have and now I'm enjoying Mr. Selfridge. Much different but also good.

• fourkids4us
    10 years ago

I had a nice surprise waiting for me at the library yesterday. I'd gotten notice that a book I reserved for my son had come in so we went afterschool to pick it up. There was another book there for me that I hadn't been notified about yet, and I was excited to see that is was The Midwife by Jennifer Worth - the memoir the show is based on. I'd reserved it awhile ago and it finally came in. I'm starting it tonight! I'm loving the series and hope the book is equally good.