Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Counting down to the big day!

neetsiepie
10 years ago

DD1 has set the wedding date, we've secured the location, she's found her dress and is finalizing a caterer. We've been busy finding great things for the decor, and I found a gal who has just started a little home business renting decor items for weddings & parties. I figure it'll cost me a lot less to rent picture frames for the photo booth, and twinkle lights and linens than to buy them and then be stuck with them.

The theme is bohemian/Indian. I'm going to set up lounge areas using those pop up canopies that will be draped with silky fabrics, loads of pillows and romantic chanedeliers. We're going to have only 6 tables (8 seaters) to encourage mingling-since there won't be a sit down dinner. We're going tapas style with the food, and it'll all be vegetarian, but no one will miss meat with the menu we've chosen.

I just found what I think will be my dress, and now have about 10 million crafty things I need to work on! Saturday i'm going to the growers market to get in touch with flower growers, I'm hoping to use dahlias and star gazer lillies in the informal floral arrangements on the tables.

We're FINALLY getting moving on this! Her fiance had a bout with cancer earlier this year, so it kind of put things on hold. But he's doing better now, and she's been bitten by the bridal bug.

Comments (14)

• hhireno
    10 years ago

That sounds wonderful. Wishing you and your daughter a lovely, stress free day.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Sounds like it will be a lot of fun for everyone. Congratulations!

If you don't mind my asking, what is a photo booth?

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

It really sounds nice!

Annie, a photo booth is what is sounds like, an instant photo booth where the guests pose for their photos in a strip like a carnival/mall booth. They get a copy, and I know for my niece's wedding, the B&G got a copy. It's been pretty popular for a few years now. Pesky, for one of my students' wedding, they gave out drink coasters where you could put the photos as favors.

This post was edited by gsciencechick on Wed, May 22, 13 at 7:47

• judiegal6
    10 years ago

Here is an example of a Photo Booth at my neices wedding last year. That's me and my six daughters.

• nancybee_2010
    10 years ago

Sounds like it's going to be really great!
    Have fun with your crafty things and planning, etc.

I'm glad to hear your future son in law is doing well.

• golddust
    10 years ago

If my Dd were anywhere near, she would be all over that theme. You would have to lock her out to keep her from helping!!

I know it's going to be a wonderful day.

• neetsiepie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gold, shes welcome to come! Our photobooth is going to be a bit unconventional. We`re setting up a site with props and we`ve got some small dry erase boards and will have guests write their sentiment on the boards and that will serve as the guestbook. In addition, people can just use it for fun-we`ll have a digital camera available for the guest book, and pretty much everyone already has a digital camera or phone. I might look into a printer.

We`re also.having lawn games, such as lawn yahtzee, lawn Jenga and lawn scrabble-using oversized pieces.

Craft beers and Two Buck Chuck wine...the kids choice. They want it simple. I know-but its their big day and most of the crowd will be more interested in the mico-brew any way.

• nancybee_2010
    10 years ago

What does your dress look like? I have been mother of the bride twice and I know it's not easy to find the right thing!

This wedding sounds like it'll be one of the most fun weddings ever!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Interesting about the photo booth....sounds like fun!

• neetsiepie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the dress i ordered. I think itll be perfect for the hot August nights party. Casual yet pretty enough.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Love the dress! That's a super flattering style!

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Very nice dress...love the color!

• kswl2
    10 years ago

That dress actually looks comfortable, good choice! Is the wedding going to be held at home? I love home weddings the best :-)

• neetsiepie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The wedding will be at a forested property on a lake. It's a beautiful wedding location, I was trying to link the website but there is a glitch right now. It's called Hornings Hideout, and it's just beautiful. A perfect location for the kids. SIL is an avid disc golfer, and that is how they found this place, they hold tournaments out there. Concerts are big out there, too. They even have peacocks that wander around, it's very lovely.