Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
martinca_gw

Anyone watching Jeff Lewis flipping?

I enjoyed the first couple of seasons, but the 'humor!' Has become so crude and filled with gross, juvenile pranks I am pretty much over it. Wondered if a one else is still watching.

Comments (7)

• runninginplace
    9 years ago

I watch, although this past season in particular seems to be deliberately focusing on the rude, crude and lewd as my husband would phrase it :). I *think* it is being highlighted to point out that JL is a somewhat dysfunctional, although lovable, individual. I guess living in a place like Miami the humor doesn't really bother me; compared with what one could encounter on any given Saturday night (or Tuesday or Wednesday or...) in South Beach it's not all that bad.

OTOH, as an example of a truly terrible work environment-gold star!

Not sure if it has always been this number of episodes but the season was really short this time, less than 10 episodes. I was a bit disappointed in that and indeed, that we didn't get nearly as much screen footage of actual decorating.

Ann

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

I am someone who enjoys juvenile pranks but even for me, the off-color humor has been a bit over the top this season. Far too much time devoted to things like Vanina's breasts! Seems like it's been much more about the office relationships and less about the actual design projects. But...I still watch!

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

I watched....I guess it is just for ratings, but why is Andy still there? He doesn't seem very bright or capable and is very immature. I don't see how he contributes to the business in any way. And Jenny trying to reign everyone in was quite laughable. This season definitely took a wrong turn. I hope they get back to more design next season. Jeff has great taste, but all his projects are looing the same now. I'd like to see him do different things...a totally traditional room, an Asian inspired room, etc.

• MarinaGal
    9 years ago

I used to love Jeff and Jenni but this season not so much. It is boring. A good friend of mine told me it isn't going to be renewed for next year but I can't find that confirmed on line anywhere. They need a revamp!

• beekeeperswife
    9 years ago

since this was filmed a year + ago, I thought that Jeff did mention this past winter (or so) that Andy does not work for them any longer. But you never know, maybe he got a 3rd chance....

I'm just sad that M$D didn't renew. I think they said it was just too invasive into the designer's lives.

Oh well.

This post was edited by beekeeperswife on Wed, May 21, 14 at 17:54

• moonshadow
    9 years ago

I used to love seeing what JL would do with a house but I don't enjoy watching it anymore, it's gone south for sure.

• newdawn1895
    9 years ago

I think Jeff is boring with a capital "B".

I love love love "The Million Dollar Listers of New York" on Bravo.

.....Jane