Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
golddust

Remember the offer we made on that cute house?

golddust
10 years ago

We lost to an investment group. But their deal fell through today and we got a call from the realtor. We said yes to our offer again, contingent on why the reason the first buyers backed out. ( I am so excited.)

I'm hoping it is because the investment group lost their credit in the crash, couldn't make good on their promise and couldn't pull off the offer. Investment groups are made out of people. We shall see. I have loved this place since I was 15 years old. I thought the owners were wealthy and they were by my standards.

I was certainly grateful for their high end hand me downs. That said, they sucked at kitchen design. check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nevermind diamonds. I'd rather have this.

Comments (9)

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    10 years ago

So great! I remember how excited, and then how dissapointed you were. It's darling! What I don't remember is your plan for it...investment rental? You live n Grass Valley? THE Grass Valley of the green rolling hills, gorgeous countryside , small town charm? Drove through once, fell in love and never forgot. Hope it all works out. Good luck!

• User
    10 years ago

I love the cupboards and doors in the kitchen! Hope you can renovate and still use those materials.

• graywings123
    10 years ago

Yes, love the cupboards and the range! Lovely! Renovate with care. I hate to think what an investment group would do to that kitchen.

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

I hope the house becomes yours.

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

Well isn't that something - see, you just never know how things will play out! Fingers crossed for you.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Wow, I am thrilled to hear this update! Congrats!

Question: that area seems fairly affordable for Northern CA. Is that the case? What is the area like there?

This post was edited by gsciencechick on Sat, May 11, 13 at 12:16

• blfenton
    10 years ago

very cool. Hope you get the house. (What is the stove?)

• jterrilynn
    10 years ago

I want to be you! Love that house as it's loaded with good stuff.

• golddust
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The area is somewhat affordable but prices are rising again. The time to buy is NOW. Low interest rates, etc. if we are going to pick up an investment property, we need to do it now. That said, there is a lot of junk on the market.

The property is a duplex. The women that built it were a Mother/daughter team. (I knew them). At one point, the house consisted of four generations of women. I lived across the street then. Aimee was very young.

There are two wonderful vintage stoves in the duplex. I think they are both Wedgewoods. One has the original salt, pepper, flour and sugar shakers.

We love the charm. It needs electrical and heating updates immediately. The garage needs a roof.

If we get it, we plan to rent one duplex furnished. LOL. That is what to do with all the extra stuff... I think we already have renters. One is a long term employee and the other is a young woman from Thailand that DH has adopted. We both love her. She works at our great Thai resturant. She needs furniture.

Eventually the kitchens need to be renovated. We will save everything we can save. We are old House junkies. If you click on the link again, you might see two vintage stoves. One of the duplexes is vacant. The other is barely lived in.