Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

THIS is a fashionable look??!?!

Faron79
10 years ago

Not sure why I clicked on this, but my 1st reaction was "eeewwww". Guess I've always hated oufits like that.

Yay or Nay Ladies?!

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: Busy prints...

Comments (18)

• User
    10 years ago

Do you not like the print or the style of the outfit?

After staring at it for about a min. or so I'm still not sure what I think of it. It's different. What's with the under layer? It looks like it has gray and off white vertical stripes going on. It's not something I'd wear.

I do like her shoes.

• golddust
    10 years ago

I've seen worse on celebrities. I think the style is flattering but not crazy about lace. I like that she doesn't look anorexic.

• maddielee
    10 years ago

It works for her, she looks darling. and appropriate for the occasion, the opening of a swimming pool.

ML

• User
    10 years ago

I think she looks great! The outfit suits her very well.

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

I think it is appropriate for the event and very chic.

• busybee3
    10 years ago

nothing offensive about the outfit, imo... surprised about the 'eew' reaction. i love the tapered pants... and the style of the top is cute on her since she looks pretty short.
    i personally wouldn't wear a pants outfit or dress made entirely of lace, but i don't think her outfit is ugly...

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

I love it, the black lace over nude , I thought you were looking at something so wildâ¦â¦.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    10 years ago

Fairly tame as far as "way out there" goes. I think she looks fine and appropriate for the event.

• vickij
    10 years ago

I love it too. Nothing to "eeewwww" about in my opinion.

• kellyeng
    10 years ago

Yes, very chic. I think it would look better on a taller person but very nice on her nevertheless.

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

I'm not loving it. I've never really been a fan of jumpsuits-and I think this would have been better in a solid fabric with a fabulous belt. But it's not the worst look I've seen.

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

Sorry Faron, I like it too. Is it the lace you don't like, or did you think it was a print? On a slim girl/woman, the print pants can look very cute, but I personally don't care for animal prints. Just my 2 cents. ;o)

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

To ME, it looks like lace over solid.

Can't put my finger on it, but that kind of "2-layer" fabric just doesn't do it for me on Women. Is it 2-layer? Maybe I'm senile?!?!
    They call it "Monochromatic print". I thought M-C meant 1 color...but "print" implies TWO colors I guess...;-)

The 3 pants they highlight below that are also "not attractive" to ME anyway...that turquoise floral makes me want to hurl!

If the link below works, even Sofia Vergara looks like Hell in this print dress...Julie Bowen's top also does nothing for her either IMO. Is it the same kind of layered-lace?

Faron
    (aka...Mr. Blackwell...;-))

Here is a link that might be useful:

• ms-thrifty
    10 years ago

Too much lace. Guess it is supposed to be sexy as says it is lace over nude--like yeh, nothing under the lace-would be better with black under the lace, but then IMO still not attractive...

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hmmmmm....

"Nothing under Lace". Wouldn't that imply "VERY racy"...??!?

Faron

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

I like the lace over another fabric look, but I've only seen it on dresses for the most part. It IS a little busy with both a top and pants, but she looks good in it. This is NOT a look I could do with the pants, probably even at my best weight.

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

by nude I meant black lace over nude colour fabric-

• ms-thrifty
    10 years ago

That is what I ment to say-says it is lace over nude color fabric--I think it would look better if it were lace over black---or to make it look like sleeze over red,, or tame it put it over white--but the nude fabric just, IMO, looks dumb.