Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cooperbailey

urgent, your prayers thoughts energy and light needed

cooperbailey
12 years ago

I was out of town today and just found out that Ian, of the band Telesma, collapsed and went into cardiac arrest, most likely from arrythmia, at the beginning of their first set in Baltimore last night. Ian, and the rest of the band, are very good friends with my DS. Ian is now in a hyperthermic coma and they are hoping to warm him up tomorrow. I do not know his prognosis.

Please pray, send good thoughts, energy and light to him ( and his dear friends in the band that they can keep strong for him) that he recovers fully. He is such a great musician, and indeed an inspiration to many, including my son.

Thanks so much,

Sue

Comments (34)

• anele_gw
    12 years ago

How sad! Sending prayers and vibes!

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

Sending my good thoughts, too.

• golddust
    12 years ago

Done! So sorry to hear this sad news.

• deegw
    12 years ago

Sending good thoughts your way.

• stinky-gardener
    12 years ago

Praying for Ian's full recovery!

• homebodymom
    12 years ago

prayers being sent his way!

• User
    12 years ago

Positive energy coming Ian's way also. I am not familiar with that band. How scary for them all. I will keep them in my thoughts . c

• cooperbailey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you. no word on Ian's condition yet this morning. His Mom flew out from AZ to be with him. The rest of the band were with him continuously at the hospital.

Caroline, they are a local group, who do tour nationally and internationally- Japan for one. They also have a a couple of CDs and a movie DVD. ( which I own, and a tshirt- yes I am a fan)
    I have met some of them, and they are spiritual,kind folks.
    Please keep him in your thoughts.

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

Thank you for the update. This is so scary and I will keep him in my thoughts.

• texanjana
    12 years ago

SO sorry to hear his. Keeping him in my prayers.

• User
    12 years ago

Such sad news, yes, will certainly keep your friend in my prayers.

• IdaClaire
    12 years ago

Prayers that Ian will experience healing and recovery, very soon.

• judiegal6
    12 years ago

Prayers for Ian and all of his loved ones.

• nancybee_2010
    12 years ago

I'm sending good thoughts and prayers for Ian.

• tinam61
    12 years ago

So sorry to hear about your friend Sue - I will add him to my prayers. Keep us posted.

tina

• cooperbailey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ian was taken off the hypothermic treatment, and he opened his eyes and started moving around and even kicking, they sedated him so he could rest and heal.He keeps waking and his eyes appear to respond to his family. He is now breathing on his own somewhat but is still intubated as he is so weak.
    He owes his life to two people in the audience that gave him CPR. Otherwise he wouldnt have made it to the hospital. I think I will be renewing my CPR certificate.
    Thanks for the prayers and healing thoughts. Hopefully the recovery continues.

• mitchdesj
    12 years ago

what good news, may he continue to thrive and get well.

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

Thank you for the update. Hope he continues to recover.

• amysrq
    12 years ago

Hope all the news is good news. I'll keep Ian in my prayers.

• cooperbailey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

This is a rollercoaster for Ian and his friends and family.yesterday he was breathing on his own and seemed to recognise the band by nodding at them. this morning he was reintubated because his lungs were filling with fluid his heart is not strong enough. Thanks for your continued prayers- they are certainly felt and appreciated.

• golddust
    12 years ago

Oh Cooper, this is a sad development. Will keep sending prayers and positive thoughts. Keep us informed!

• cooperbailey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The update today is that he is calm and stable, intubated and sedated. they did a dye cath test on his heart today- no update regarding that as yet.
    Where there is life, there is hope. Thanks for your prayers blessings and light.

• mahatmacat1
    12 years ago

Ah, cooper, I just read this...yes, where there's life, there's hope, and Ian's so young...I looked up Telesma on youtube and they're a unique, fascinating intensely creative group! I join the others in sending healing energies so he can get back up onstage with a beautifully painted torso and send that amazing music and vision out into the world.

• teacats
    12 years ago

Sending all good and strong healing energy, thoughts, hopes and wishes .... and I echo what flyleft said -- what a wonderful and creative band!

• cooperbailey
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The heart cath revealed that the heart attack was caused by defibrillation, rather than a blockage so a pacemaker will be required. He is still intubated and sedated, although he is triggering the breaths. His condition was upgraded from very poor to poor. I know the band is exhausted and I can't imagine what his Mom is going through. There is an amazing community sending blessings and light, and fundraisers have been set up/ begun- musicians dont have insurance.Thanks for your continued prayers- these are kind wonderful folks. telesma is planning fundraiser concerts for Ian, even though it will be so hard to play without him, they believe that is what he would want.

• Bethpen
    12 years ago

Sending lots of prayers, healing vibes and light.

Beth P.

• justgotabme
    12 years ago

I always forget about the conversations side of the decor board, but happened over here and wanted to add my prayers for your son's friend Sue.

• cooperbailey
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have tears in my eyes and joy in my heart. I just read the update( I check in several times daily waiting for it) Ian was aware of his surroundings, talking alhough hard to do cause he was intubated for a week- and responding to directions. They even had him sitting in a chair for a bit.
    they are talking about what procedure will need to be done to his heart when he is stronger. I continue to send blessings and light to him.
    Thank you all so much for your prayers and energies.

• justgotabme
    11 years ago

That's good news coop!

• fourkids4us
    11 years ago

Sue, I assume he is still in Baltimore? Is his mom here still? I live not too far from Baltimore so please let me know if there is anything she needs. Even if it's just a home cooked meal brought to her, I'd be happy to help. How awful to have this happen when he is far from family. I will keep them in my prayers.

My brother has been a professional musician for 30 years. It's not an easy lifestyle but he's doing what he loves. He's fortunate to have a wife whose job provides their health insurance. Are they having any fundraisers in the Baltimore area? If so, please let me know.

• cooperbailey
    Original Author
    11 years ago

fourkids, What a very, very kind offer. I will email you if/ when that can happen. They will message me thru my son. Yes Ian is still in Baltimore at Mercy.
    If you go to telesmaband.com there is a link to donate to Ian. A trust fund has been set up.Or you can also go to the Telesma page to read all about Ian and his progress and the link is there.
    The band has decided to play without Ian at the Spoutwood Farm May Day Festival in PA. It is May 5 and 6. They had planned on releasing their new album there, and now any proceeds to Telesma will go to the trust fund for Ian. They are asking all who love Ian to come and help them all heal. I hope to go on Sunday.
    Yesterday he was in a wheelchair outside for a bit,was able to eat a bit of applesauce, and ice chips- his throat is extrememly sore from the weeklong intubation. The chair was uncomfortable for him.
    Just think, when he was brought to hospital a week ago Friday, they were unable to revive him, but tried once more!
    Those ED docs and his two friends that gave him CPR immediately- saved his life. like I said before, i am going to get recertified in CPR- even though it has only been a year.
    Thank you all for your continued prayers!

• busybee3
    11 years ago

wow--just read this. what a story!! i'm glad to see he's doing well.

cpr saves lives...and it's easier for people to do now that they teach just the chest compressions.
    but, AED's are such life savers too---i'm glad to see them around more and more places. i've said to my hub several times that i want to buy one and learn to use it and keep it in the car, etc because they're often crucial for reestablishing a rhythm... especially with fibrillation.

• cooperbailey
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wonderful news! Yesterday Ian walked with a walker and with all of his medical attachments and some friends was able to sit outside on the garden balcony of the hospital.They had some Bob Marley music going- and even the doctors and nurses hung out for a bit.
    They posted a pic on the telesma facebook page. He still has swallowing issues, and his short term memory seems to be returning.His heart is stronger. Hopefully he is on the mend and when is strong enough will get the implanted defibrillator. Thank you for your healing thoughts and prayers.

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Thank you for the updates. I am so glad to hear things look positive for him.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida