Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancybee_2010

horrible tornadoes in Dallas area

nancybee_2010
12 years ago

The tornadoes we have nowadays had seem much worse than the ones I grew up with (in Nebraska)! These tornadoes sound horrible, I hope there are no fatalities. Are any GW's from this area? Isn't auntjen? I hope she's all right-

(Also, I always get worried about this in the spring- I have a sister who lives in Oklahoma)

Comments (15)

• golddust
    12 years ago

Yikes!! My son works in Dallas and lives in Plano. Tried to call him but no answer. Going to turn on CNN.

• nancybee_2010
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I hope everything is all right golddust!

• natesgram
    12 years ago

Keep good thoughts golddust. My son just moved from Dallas area to Oklahoma City. It's always a worry. I'm in earthquake country so I don't see it coming. I wonder what's worse.

• kellyeng
    12 years ago

My son just went up to Plano this morning to visit his girlfriend. I'll check in with him.

• golddust
    12 years ago

Yikes!! My son works in Dallas and lives in Plano. Tried to call him but no answer. Going to turn on CNN.

• kellyeng
    12 years ago

Just heard from my son. He said it was pretty intense a couple hours ago with quarter sized hail and very high winds. It seems to have blown through.

• User
    12 years ago

My sister and her family live and work there too. They hit south of Dallas and FW, but not sure where.

• golddust
    12 years ago

Have no idea why that message posted twice. Sorry.

Heard from Derek. He is fine and was headed to work.

• lynndale
    12 years ago

I live in Plano---all is well here.

• stinky-gardener
    12 years ago

Thank goodness, Kelly and Golddust!

Lukki, I hope you hear from your sister soon!

Auntjen, check in with us when you can. So many here are thinking about you!

• nancybee_2010
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm glad everyone's loved ones are okay.
    ditto what stinky said, auntjen.

• greenthumbfish
    12 years ago

Arlington got the worst of it. I work there 3 days a week, but not today, lucky me! I hope I have somewhere to work tomorrow. though! I bet some of y'all saw the clip of the Ballpark's field cover - I work less than 2 miles from there!

I was in Carrollton at the time and it was very scary... a couple of them touch down very close to where I was, but missed us! Hubs said where he works in Irving, they had to go to the storm shelter 3 times! But they didn't get hit, thank goodness!

We also lucked out at home - no damage, very unusual but, yay!

Check in Aunt Jen!

• nancybee_2010
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm glad you weren't working today, greenthumbfish! Wow, you were really close though! It sounds terrifying.

lukki, hope you have heard from your sister.

• IdaClaire
    12 years ago

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry for not checking in here sooner! Thank you for thinking of me. We're fine. No damage whatsoever, but my heart certainly goes out to the many who did lose so much. This is precisely why I no longer look forward to springtime in Texas. The weather is just entirely too unpredictable. Just heard a little while ago that we could be in for more severe weather tonight ... Ugh.

• nancybee_2010
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Nice to hear from you auntjen. I hope you and other GWers in "tornado alley" don't get any more- but I realize that's not very likely!