Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
horrible tornadoes in Dallas area

Posted by nancybee_2010 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 3, 12 at 16:26

The tornadoes we have nowadays had seem much worse than the ones I grew up with (in Nebraska)! These tornadoes sound horrible, I hope there are no fatalities. Are any GW's from this area? Isn't auntjen? I hope she's all right-

(Also, I always get worried about this in the spring- I have a sister who lives in Oklahoma)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: horrible tornadoes in Dallas area

Yikes!! My son works in Dallas and lives in Plano. Tried to call him but no answer. Going to turn on CNN.

o

I hope everything is all right golddust!

o

Keep good thoughts golddust. My son just moved from Dallas area to Oklahoma City. It's always a worry. I'm in earthquake country so I don't see it coming. I wonder what's worse.

o

My son just went up to Plano this morning to visit his girlfriend. I'll check in with him.

o

Yikes!! My son works in Dallas and lives in Plano. Tried to call him but no answer. Going to turn on CNN.

o

Just heard from my son. He said it was pretty intense a couple hours ago with quarter sized hail and very high winds. It seems to have blown through.

o

My sister and her family live and work there too. They hit south of Dallas and FW, but not sure where.

o

Have no idea why that message posted twice. Sorry.

Heard from Derek. He is fine and was headed to work.

o

I live in Plano---all is well here.

o

Thank goodness, Kelly and Golddust!

Lukki, I hope you hear from your sister soon!

Auntjen, check in with us when you can. So many here are thinking about you!

o

I'm glad everyone's loved ones are okay.
ditto what stinky said, auntjen.

o

Arlington got the worst of it. I work there 3 days a week, but not today, lucky me! I hope I have somewhere to work tomorrow. though! I bet some of y'all saw the clip of the Ballpark's field cover - I work less than 2 miles from there!

I was in Carrollton at the time and it was very scary... a couple of them touch down very close to where I was, but missed us! Hubs said where he works in Irving, they had to go to the storm shelter 3 times! But they didn't get hit, thank goodness!

We also lucked out at home - no damage, very unusual but, yay!

Check in Aunt Jen!

o

I'm glad you weren't working today, greenthumbfish! Wow, you were really close though! It sounds terrifying.

lukki, hope you have heard from your sister.

o

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry for not checking in here sooner! Thank you for thinking of me. We're fine. No damage whatsoever, but my heart certainly goes out to the many who did lose so much. This is precisely why I no longer look forward to springtime in Texas. The weather is just entirely too unpredictable. Just heard a little while ago that we could be in for more severe weather tonight ... Ugh.

o

Nice to hear from you auntjen. I hope you and other GWers in "tornado alley" don't get any more- but I realize that's not very likely!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here