Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Do you have Etsy favorites?

Sueb20
12 years ago

I swear a similar topic has been raised here before, but even so, maybe it's worth bringing up again. I love browsing through Etsy, but it can be overwhelming. If you have shopped on Etsy, do you have any favorites?

Here are some of mine.

Sukan -- for pillows. I have one and I loooove it. Trying to talk myself into or out of (depending on the day) buying another.

Also sukanart for pillows. Have not bought one but some of them are so darn cute.

Pcotterill -- have bought 2 small paintings from her. Love them both!

Jellybeans

Vintagebytheshore

Katep

Mudgoddess

Comments (13)

• allison0704
    12 years ago

I didn't know I needed more pillows! Those are all good ones, sueb20. I have more favorite things or searches than actual shops.

DD2 is getting ready to open an etsy shop. She has been purchasing vintage frames (paints) and either making magnetic chalkboards or fabric covered chalkboards. A few she is leaving as is if she likes them and the mirrors are interesting.

• natal
    12 years ago

I've only made a couple Etsy purchases ... baby bibs and a pine cone carrot wreath. I'm thinking about ordering another wreath.

Used to buy soap from DaisyCakes when she was still doing the arts festival circuit.

Here is a link that might be useful: WestTwinCreations

• leafy02
    12 years ago

I do! I don't have favorite stores, just favorite categories, and "favorited" items.

My favorite searches are in printmaking--woodblock prints and linocuts. Also plein air paintings, and lots of vintage stuff, although the vintage prices are higher than on eBay, I think.

• Bethpen
    11 years ago

Great timing Sue! I need some pillows...now I know what I'll do tonight.

Beth P.

• Boopadaboo
    11 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but I have just fallen in love with etsy! I guess it took me long enough. I feel terribly stupid, but I can't figure out how to save a search. Can anyone explain it?

Also - I would LOVE to hear about more favorites if anyone would care to share. :)

I am waiting on these for my playroom...

and these (just because, I dont have a spot for them, but plan to try to talk DH in to moving the drapes in our master bedroom to another room) There are 4 panels, which means they would work in at least 5 rooms in my house since they all have the same set of windows.

I also just read an article on there about a woman that hand stamps jewelry. That beats ordering from arhaus for my charm necklace, so I am going to order a charm from her.

Hmmm. I thought this was on the otherside. I wonder if I should start a new thread.

This post was edited by boopadaboo on Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 10:05

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Boopadaboo, as far as I know there's no way to save a search in Etsy. If I have a really involved search with lots of modifiers, I save it as a sticky note on my Windows desktop. Then, I can just copy and paste it to the search box. You could also save your searches in a word processing program and use the copy/paste method.

• Boopadaboo
    11 years ago

Thanks fun2bhere! Maybe I am not so stupid after all. ;)

• patty_cakes
    11 years ago

You can 'add to cart' since if you don't order the item, it will be deleeted after so many days. When you get back on the site click on 'cart' and your item should show up unless it's been past the expired days date~make sense?

You could also 'bookmark' the page. That's what I do on craigslist.

• Vertise
    11 years ago

Collect what you like in your Favorites folder. There's a heart on each item when browsing and an "add to favorites" line and heart on its page.

I find the shipping costs to be too high with eBay and Etsy.

• Boopadaboo
    11 years ago

Thank you all for responding. :) shipping can be expensive, but I do not have the time to go to antique stores or thrift shops during the day, so I look at night. Much more to pick from too. I do know how to save an item as a favorite with the heart what seems to blacking is a way to save a search. Then for example you could be notified if anyhtingmatchedyour criteria.

• Vertise
    11 years ago

I just do another search and select 'most recent' to see what's new. I haven't checked out search saving on other sites so maybe that's not enough.

The other problem is poor photography and color representation.

This post was edited by snookums2 on Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 21:47

• yborgal
    11 years ago

I love "sassybelle". I've ordered some of her pieces and found them very reasonable and well-made. She just designed a bracelet that will be worn by the lead actress in "CASTLE" in an upcoming episode.

• leafy02
    11 years ago

Some of mine:

The Joe Knox Company

vintagewall

matouenpeluche

marieflyfly

I shop on Etsy a lot, and these are some of the shops I am always sure to check.