Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

The Norwegian & the "Vette"!

Faron79
9 years ago

Not sure why I'm posting this, but I DO "need" this friends' 2005 Corvette...don't I?!?!?!?!? I'm SO in love with this car! I don't have the $25K to throw at it tho'....arrrrggh! I should maybe color my hair too...;-)

(I'm so vain ;-))

It's only the standard LS2 (base-engine) V8 starting in 2005. Anything higher, & I'd "go directly to jail"!!

(pic taken Nov. 2012. I thought it was last Fall...2013!)

;-)

Faron

Comments (11)

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

aaah....the siren call of the 'Vette!

DH succumbed to the enchanting music too. He had the 2003 anniversary edition convertible.

Here is a link that might be useful: 5oth edition

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

A big deal is made about this Lambo (in the link) going 0-60 in 2.8. For reference it is not the fastest car in the world, there are sixteen faster. Fastest? 2002 Lingenfelter Chevrolet Corvette 0-60 mph 1.97 Quarter mile 9.1.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lamborghini

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh ya HAD to do that MC!!!

I've always LOVED that 50th Anniv. color!!!

He HAD one??!!? Did you guys get a newer one?

Faron

• juliekcmo
    9 years ago

Sometimes it's just about the fun. Look around.

We got a 2012 Mustang convertible for our 25th anniversary and drove it to Yellowstone. Didn't get the V-8. Cost the same as the Accord it replaced.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

Yes, Faron, you do need it. Oh, and trust me, grey hair is flat out handsome on you men!

My ex-brother-in-law had a yellow 1967 Corvette Stingray convertible-it was only driven a couple of times a year-mostly warehoused. What a waste. I sure would have loved to drive it, or better yet, own it.

Maybe your friend could share it with you! ;)

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

Well Faron - here's the story.

He bought it right off the showroom floor - brand spanking new. He really enjoyed that car- it was the first time in twenty years that he picked a car solely for his personal enjoyment. Before that we had more practical 'family' vehicles - station wagons, a Suburban, Tahoes etc. But the kids were off on their own and this was his special treat.

We went on several weekend trips and that fall we drove all over New England - roof down, bundled up in sweatshirts with the heater on - but we had the cool wind on our faces and followed the changing colors of the autumn foliage down country lanes and up mountain roads. It was glorious.

Then early one December morning DH was driving to work and another driver came speeding down a hill, ran the red light and in an attempt to avoid hitting the two cars in the middle of the intersection, swerved to the right and hit DH's car in the engine compartment.

The driver told the police that she didn't see the traffic light because of sun glare. However she failed to notice that the cars in the lane next to her had stopped at the intersection and the cars in the oncoming lane had also stopped. She didn't even get a ticket. DH was fortunate that he wasn't seriously injured.

The car was only 4 months old. After that he bought a nice, big, German sedan loaded with safety features.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh NO M-C...!!!

I shouldn't have asked...I never imagined it would remind you of a difficult event. Very sorry! I'm glad at least there were many weeks of fun with it though! I can't imagine being able to drive it to work...in DECEMBER?! Here in Fargo, many people (including this Vette's owner) put theirs in storage by November. My friend only puts insurance on it for 6-7 months...~~ May-Oct.

Cyn-
    You're good for my fragile ego! Ooooohhh...I'd be drivin' a Stingray like that more often!

Faron

Another pic of "her"....;-)

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

Absolutely no apologies needed Faron. It was 10 years ago and his broken heart has healed.

Julie's comment about her 2012 Mustang reminded me. In the 1990's we bought a 1964 1/2 Mustang convertible - black with red interior. We had it for 6 years and sold it when our eldest son turned 16 and started to drive. He thought he'd look cool driving that to school but it wasn't the safest car for a new driver. We sold it, I bought a Suburban and DS inherited my Buick Electra Station wagon - complete with wood grain contact paper on the sides.

Talk about cool!

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

LOL M-C!!!

A Buick WAGON...with that horrid "contact-paper"!
    Ouch...I may have chosen to WALK...;-)

BTW...
    I can see myself clay-barring, polishing, & waxing that girl in my driveway!!!
    Instead-
    (what IS it with me and these Cranberry-Metallic cars anyway...?!?!?!!? And btw...this pic is from last July, returning home from Yellowstone, on the Chief-Joseph Scenic Highway)

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Oh darn, I thought this was going to be a joke about a Norwegian and a sportscar that I could forward to my dad, who is a Norwegian originally from South Dakota (who loves jokes)...

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well Sue-
    There MUST be some good "Uffda" Jokes/-ers 'round here somewhere...;-)

Are the SD-Norwegians REALLY envious of the ND-Norwegians...?!?!!?!!
    Does he like "God's meal", Lutefisk?

;-)

Faron, don'cha know! Ya, you bet'cha...;-)