Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Inspirational! 86 Year Old Gymnast

Posted by terriks (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 10, 12 at 12:52

Have you seen the video of 86 year old gymnast Johanna Quass? I couldn't do what she can do at her age when I was a teenager!

Here is a link that might be useful: Johanna Quaas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Inspirational! 86 Year Old Gymnast

What an inspiration! Thank you terriks!

o

Wow! Reminds me of my friend Mistie's mom. She's 80 something, and still teaches dance. We all spent a few days in NYC last summer, and she was raring to go every morning by 8, and still going strong at 11 that night. And we walked everywhere!!!! Truly an inspiration...

o

Oh THANK YOU ! What an inspiration ! She made me tear up...I am so glad you sent this along...thank you thank you c

o

Caroline, when I saw the video, I thought of you. If anyone could be that active at 86, it will be you!

o

If you search a bit there are quite a few more videos of her doing other gymnastic routines, like the uneven parallel bars (which I remember struggling with in high school) and floor routines. And I realized that I spelled her name wrong, her last name is Quass.

I was tempted to send the video to my very active almost 82 year old mother, with a note that she has 4 more years to practice, but decided against it as she often takes things too literally and doesn't get the joke.

o

That is truly amazing!

But it made me sad about my parents of the same age, who were not active and now move very slowly, one with a cane. It doesn't have to be that way.

Thanks for the inspiration.

o

ah, marlene...you are sweet...she is my idol as well as the gal linked below. I hope I can run like she does when I am her age !

Here is a link that might be useful: barbara macklow

o

My DD's gymnastics coach sent this to all the team parents a week or so ago. What an inspiration!

o

trailrunner, the article says Macklow was born in 1752 ... she does look good for a 260 year old!!!! lol

o

yes I saw that..remarkable how long runners live !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here