Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Easiest blog for technologically inept old lady

Sueb20
10 years ago

Okay, I am turning 50 in several months and now referring to myself as an old lady.

As some of you know, I have a little decorating business. Mostly word of mouth, I have never advertised, but I do write a monthly column for our local paper and until recently, I had a blog on the newspaper's web site -- I used the blog essentially as my web site. When I sign an email, for instance, a link to the blog is part of my signature.

Well, a couple of months ago the newspaper redesigned their whole web site and somehow "lost" my blog. There may still be some hope for getting it back, but since it's been so long, I'm doubtful. So I think I need to put on my big girl panties and create and actual web site.

I had a web site through Yahoo a few years ago but it was annoying because every time I looked at it, the photos had magically rearranged themselves. I need something SUPER easy to use. And, of course, inexpensive! I don't make enough money to spend thousands of dollars on a web site.

My alternative is to use Facebook -- that was how I started, actually -- but I have heard vague rumblings about business owners being displeased with some new FB regulations...or something...I wasn't really paying attention. And, of course, not everyone uses FB.

That is my overly long way of saying: If you have a web site that is super easy to use, can you tell me about it, please?

Comments (9)