Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
golddust

Posting photos from an iPad. I'm an idiot...

golddust
11 years ago

I promised Oakley I'd post pictures of my rings and someone else asked for a photo of my rug. I can't figure out how to post pictures to my picture trail from my iPad as I don't know how to create an upload able file. I don't know how to get a picture here anymore.

What knowledge am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (18)

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

I know you can download the Photobucket app onto your iPad, and then upload your photos into it. All of my original PB albums remained in/on it, and I've since uploaded new photos on my laptop or on my iPad/iPhone, and they are available to me on all three devices. I can post pics (on GW) by accessing my PB acct from any of the three devices.

• maddielee
    11 years ago

Cat mom's info is correct. Use the free photobucket app. If you have used it on another device, and can remember your password (the only problem I had), all your pictures will be there.

I often read that people have problems with photobucket, I never have. Except for remembering the passwood....

Good luck.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

You can also just click on the choose file button above, then choose existing, and it will let you pick from your camera roll on your iPad. Easy.

• golddust
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Cyn427, this is what I'm trying to do. I do not see a file button above. This is why I feel like an idiot... I know it should be easy.

• tinam61
    11 years ago

Goldie - see the open box and then the button "browse" - that's it. You may be looking for a button that says "file".

tina

• maddielee
    11 years ago

For me, on my iPad, the Choose File button is not clickable. Its there, but not in an 'active' (is that the correct term?) mode.

ML

• golddust
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes. My choose file button is inactive as well.

• golddust
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Maddie, I'm curious if the browser you are using is different than the one I use. Generally I use Saffari. Maybe another browser is more comparable with Garden Web?

• maddielee
    11 years ago

Gold, I also use Saffari....

Have you downloaded the photobucket app? It really is easy to put your pictures in albums and upload them to GW using it.

ML

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Oh dear. Then, I can't help. Under post a follow up, my ipad shows image file to uoload (optional) and if I tap on the choose file button next to that, I get a pop-up menu that says take photo or choose existing. When I tap choose existing, it takes me to my camera roll on my ipad. Then, I choose a photo by tapping and it shows in a tiny format next to the choose file button. The large photo shows up in preview. If you decide to edit and preview again, you have to upload the photo again.

I don' know what to do if your button doesn't work. Sorry.

• goldengirl327
    11 years ago

My iPad lets me post photos, just as cyn described it. If yours doesn't work, could it be something in the settings or an older model iPad that does not have the capability to interface with the program?

• golddust
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I think I have the latest iPad. I have a mini and a regular iPad. I'm used to posting photos using the auction link, not the HTML link.

• goldengirl327
    11 years ago

I have an iPad mini and use Safari. Here is a screen shot of what the follow-up section looks like on my mini. Does this help?

• goldengirl327
    11 years ago

......now if I could only work on my use of the edit mode....

This post was edited by goldengirl327 on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 16:11

• gothaml
    10 years ago

I couldn't click the choose file button, but I decided to see what would happen if I updated my iOs software ........and it works now!

• ILoveRed
    10 years ago

My iPad had to be replaced (under warranty) and on the new one the choose file button was inactive, unlike the old one. I was puzzled and frustrated. After seeing Gothami's post last night, I updated my IOS software and my choose file button is active now.

Thanks!

• golddust
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My iPhone can post pictures using the choose file button. I guess I need to update my iPad too.

• gwlolo
    10 years ago

I much prefer the photobucket app as it is easy to post multiple photos. Open photobucket app, go to the photo in the album, touch the link icon at top, all the link options popup, touch the html link option and it is automatically copied. In the gw rowser page just touch where you want the picture and it is automatically posted. You can repeat for as manynas you need. Uploading is also a snap.