Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
martinca_gw

Old GW friends with new names: I'll go first

I've not been here much of late....too busy IRL . Also, it feels kinda weird to be 'me' still, but unrecognized, as though I'm in hiding! I'm not really shy, and yet felt awkward to bust out with a changed name announcement...ta da!....assuming any would recognize the old name. I've been here for about nine years (beginning in kitchens), but with occasional longish absences. So, foxespad, et al, come out,come out, whoever you were...please.

Yours formally,

Leahcate

Comments (25)

• Oakley
    12 years ago

I've been wondering why people have been changing their monikers. I've been wanting to change mine simply because I'm tired of it. lol

• tinam61
    12 years ago

Hi Leahcate! I do remember you!! I've made myself scarce around here the last couple of weeks or so and didn't realize there were peeps here who'd changed their id??? I love foxespad's input, so now I'm curious as to who they were before? I've only used one id, that's all I plan to use. LOL

Anyway, welcome back!

tina

• User
    12 years ago

Foxes Pad announced her name change, its Ttodd! Leahcate, I was wondering where you were! I've always been lukki and probably always will be. Old habits die hard! LOL

• cooperbailey
    12 years ago

of course we remember you!

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

I'm not a frequent poster here on home dec (mostly in kitchens and bathrooms), but I remember you, too! Hi!

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh how nice to hear! It is nice to be remembered. My 'LC" was just too personal. Don't change yours.....Oakley suits you . IRL I am not shy, but cyber land scares me a bit. So many times I have wanted to share pics of my home and garden with my pals here, and then I remember all the strangers lurking . kinda silly I suppose, and am thinking I will do it before long.
    So who else is out there hiding? So many I remember , and would love to know you've returned or are stil here in another name.

• blfenton
    12 years ago

I too would like to change mine as it is verrrry boring. I was formerly byronroad but then there was a real glitch in the GW sign-in system and I couldn't get in with it. The only way that they would let me back in was if I used part of my e-mail address (?). I also don't have much of an imagination so I have no idea what I would use - hence the doing-nothing about it. And I don't know how to go about changing it. Oh well - one day.

• Oakley
    12 years ago

But Leah, now I'll be calling you Martin, a man's name! lol.

I do like Oakley, it has a personal meaning to me...so I'll probably keep it!

So Martin, whatcha been up to? lol

Original Author
    12 years ago

Ha! I realized that afterward. Make it marti :>)

• allison0704
    12 years ago

Hey Marti! Didn't know you had changed your moniker.

Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Allison! Have been thinking of you, knowing how you are loving your new, well almost new, baby boy :>). yep, new me since I began posting with new iPad. Now if someone can tell me how to upload my pics from here to my PB acct. I might even ...OMG! ....post a pic or two.
    You're brave...any pics of mama and son to share?

• allison0704
    12 years ago

Sorry, no. Don't post online. Email me and I'll send you back one or two. DS and his fiancee are having a girl early June. Wish they lived closer. DGS is just a joy and so much fun - 8 months old now!

• tinam61
    12 years ago

Allison - 8 months! It hardly seems possible. He is becoming quite the little man! I had completely forgotten about DS and the second grandbaby! It won't be long. Would be nice for the cousins (and whole family), if they lived closer. You'll just have to visit them often!

tina

• golddust
    12 years ago

Martinca, I'm new on my iPad as well. I need to upload pics too. I'm Golddust and will always be Golddust. I'm afraid I'd forget anything else. Lol

• stinky-gardener
    12 years ago

Thanks for the clue Marti/Leah! You are a pleasure to converse with, and I'm so glad you told your story.

Funny, when I first saw your new screen name a while back I thought, what? Is my sister-in-law on GW? See, I have a Marti in California! (She's an amazing woman. My brother did very well!)

Enjoy your new identity. It must be fun to change things up. Guess I'll always be Stinky though!

Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi stinky. No, it was not fun at all!, and kept me from wanting to,post at first. That, and all the strange text that occurs on this new contraption. Of course it"s not mug skills!. Oh, and see the "mug" there? That's an example of auto spell,correct ,,which I thought I' d turned off...( as well,as all,the extra commas...sigh). Forgive me for being too,lazy this a.m. To correct. It's nice to still be her, whatever the name. It endlessly reassures me of the innate goodness of people...plus, it's fun!

• SunnyCottage
    12 years ago

I did it. Have been thinking about it for quite some time - for a number of reasons, I have not been comfortable with having my real name "out there", so following TheFoxesPad's lead, I went ahead and changed my name. From this point on, Auntjen will be known as SunnyCottage. :-)

• stinky-gardener
    12 years ago

Hey SunnyC! Are you still blogging, btw?

SunnyCottage is the perfect screename for you!

• SunnyCottage
    12 years ago

Thanks, Stinky! Actually, DustyCottage or MoneyPitCottage might be more appropriate, but I like the idea of morning sunshine streaming through a little cottage window. (And I also have a cat named Sunny, so ...)

I haven't blogged in quite some time. I tried to go back to it a number of months ago, but my heart just wasn't in it. It's like I've totally lost my blogging mojo.

Original Author
    12 years ago

love "SunnyCottage", and it suits so well with your new English cottage look....which is so appealing to me. Confess I could never get into the Mexican look. Like many here, I have always emjoyed pics of your (Tudor?) home, sighing over the porch and treed street. New look is perfect.

• maire_cate
    12 years ago

I had to change my name about 2 years ago when I started getting unwelcome emails from a fellow KT member. But what is really annoying is that the messages weren't meant for me but for someone else who had a similar moniker. I was afraid to announce my name change for fear the poster would start sending again.

• SunnyCottage
    12 years ago

Thank you so much, martinca! I never thought I'd tire of "all Mexico, all the time" - but I guess it just proves the old adage of never saying never! It's been fun making a style transition. It feels a bit like reinventing my lifestyle, if that makes any sense!

Maire_cate, how terrible! I can certainly understand why you'd want to change your name after that!

• justgotabme
    11 years ago

So I guess I need a to put post it notes on my monitor so I remember who I'm conversing with now. :^D
    Thanks for the heads up. I'd have been totally lost.

• JennaVaNowSC
    11 years ago

How do you go about changing your name? I am tired of mine too.

• newdawn1895
    11 years ago

I am not crazy about my tag name but I want my GW friends to reconize me, sort of speak.

Fondly...newdawn1895 AKA....Jane