Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Hey! Check out who's on the upper-right of this BB chart!

Faron79
10 years ago

Yeeeaaaahhhh!

First time since 2009!
My NDSU-Mens BB-Team made the 2014 Big-Dance!
We're in the West group, and play #5 Oklahoma, next Thurs. in Spokane, WA!!!
Crimony....that's a long ways away from here?!?!

Not sure if we'll win that one, but....let the craziness begin!!!!

Anybody have any faves in "The Dance"?!

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: 2014 SI Big-Dance bracket...

Comments (24)

• awm03
    10 years ago

I saw that last night during the selection show & thought of you, Faron! But I'm a Kansas gal, so if you'll pardon me for not rooting for the Bison... :)

I don't think my Jayhawks are that strong this year, frankly, so am cheering for Wichita State. WSU has a brutal bracket to get through, and if they do that, then they deserve the title IMO.

Also look for a strengthening Iowa State team (coming into peak form, I believe), and keep your eye on San Diego State. The commentators were talking about Stephen F. Austin having a fantastic team too. Nothing's more fun than to see the little schools upset the giants (unless the giant is KU!).

Man, I love the college basketball tournament, & have followed it all my life. I read once where Sandy Koufax buys a ticket to the Final Four every year, so I always scan the crowd looking for him. Haven't spotted him yet, but maybe this will be the year!

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

I'll just mimic what awm said. Hopefully Embiid comes back to make the Hawks a little bit stronger.

BUT who I am really rooting for is my Alma Mater.....VIRGINIA CAVALIERS! Since I am now living in the midwest, I didn't watch much this season and they kind of snuck up. But to get a Number 1 seed is pretty impressive.

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

And here I thought this was a comparison chart for BB creams ;-)

• deegw
    10 years ago

I thought BB creams too! Then I saw that it was Faron so I fervently hoped the post was not about BB creams.

A few small local schools are in - Mercer v. Duke, Wofford v. Michigan, Coastal Carolina v. Virginia. I doubt we will be rooting for them very long.

• awm03
    10 years ago

kellienoelle, yes, Virginia sure gathered steam there at the end of the season. Nice to have them back in the tournament after too many years away!

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

WTH is a BB-cream?!?!?!?

I SO wish I could get to Spokane Thurs., but that's little TOO short of a notice!! For US...the OU game is winnable...but...Uffda!

There's gonna be a lot of crazy stories this year I think!

Faron

• awm03
    10 years ago

Hmmm! New York Post says Oklahoma only a 3 1/2 point favorite over NDSU (it was 4 points yesterday).

Ya gotta chance, faron, ya gotta chance!

• lovestowalk
    10 years ago

Good win Faron!! Go Bison.

• awm03
    10 years ago

Wowwww!! Great game, huh faron? Enjoy your upset -- may the Bison have a few more!

• texanjana
    10 years ago

Faron-Way to go beating those Sooners. From a Longhorn!

• awm03
    10 years ago

Go Bevo! I'm watching the Texas game, texanjana :)

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's just starting to soak in!! I thought we were gonna LOSE IT!!
    Down by 4 late in the game after leading for 98% of it....oh my heart! Our best player, Taylor Braun, had a cold night, but we survived somehow...

Only ONE thing to say.......................wait for it...............

UFFDA!!!!! ;-)

This is quite something!
    The. FIRST. NCAA. Big-Dance. WIN. EVER.....For the NDSU-Bison!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!

Faron

• awm03
    10 years ago

texanjana, my heart is still pounding. Cameron Ridley was magnificent! That's the tough Texas team I know & respect!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Love it, Faron. How fun would it be to see them make the Final Four! Cheering for you!!

• awm03
    10 years ago

Sorry NDSU's tournament run came to a halt. It was fun while it lasted, right faron? That San Diego State team is unheralded and underrated. They beat KU rather soundly in the regular season.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We couldn't hit the "broad side of a barn" yesterday. Dammit....
    Had a couple early leads, but then somebody nailed covers on our rims! Couldn't believe what I was seeing...

We had the BEST FG%...IN THE COUNTRY going into "The Dance".
    But then....

Faron

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Yeah, Faron, I saw Dick Vitale say yesterday he predicted ND state would go far. Oh well. It's really been a crazy March Madness. The billion dollar bracket is bust.

DH is NC alum, and my school's women's team played yesterday and lost. We had a great season, but yesterday was TOUGH. The girls were just so much bigger. Those big programs don't even look at a recruit under 6'.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yeah....it's tough! For the Women AND Men.

Nobody under 6'??!?!?! Yikes!! That's TALL for Women! I think my DD is tall, but she's ONLY 6'...Uffda! (I'm 6'3")
    And Duke getting bounced right away?!?!?!? WOW!

If our Taylor Braun & some others weren't shooting STONE-COLD, I think we'd have been in the Sweet-16! But when NOTHING goes in....

Faron

• awm03
    10 years ago

My team's out too. Oh well... Now begins the long wait for next March, lol! Hope is a powerful thing, isn't it?

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOL Awm!!!

Yes...now that my MN-Vikings are gonna be an outdoor team for 2 seasons, I'm gonna be doing A LOT of hoping!!!
    And my 3-peat NDSU football National-Champs are without Coach Craig Bohl & all those talented Seniors from last year....

(I wanna go to Frisco/Dallas, TX "again" next early Jan.!!!)

HOPE-HOPE-HOPE.....;-)

Faron

• awm03
    10 years ago

I didn't know Craig Bohl left. Sorry to hear that, faron, that is sad news. But you never know -- the new staff may be terrific. I hope hope hope too!

Wichita State playing well against an excellent Kentucky. Keeping my fingers crossed...

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Oh well, there goes Chapel Hill! First time since 1979 no NC-based teams left in the tournament. Wow.

Was also rooting for Wichita State. Oh well on that one, too.

I stand corrected. There actually were a few girls under 6' on the team. Meanwhile, we have ONE who is over 6', and she got into foul trouble early on which led to a big run while she sat out.

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

Gooooooo CATS!!!! Big blue through and through here. Ought to be interesting as my husband is a Louisville fan. Sweet 16 is here in Indy so we will definitely be at the game. Me in blue, husband in red and our son has decided to rock the blue and white too!! I'm so proud he had the good sense to pick my UK wikdcats.

And everyone said the SEC is weak. Yet we're still dancing with our measly three teams. Coach k ought to rethink mocking the sec and lauding the acc as strongest conference in the nation. It was nice to come out on the right side of one of the more memorable tournament games unlike the duke-uk fiasco from years ago. I was in grade school then but every year they show that stupid non defended in bound pass and turn around jumper. It still stings. I worried that the shockers would pull off something similar, but we prevailed. Amazing game!

This post was edited by iheartgiantschnauzer on Sun, Mar 23, 14 at 22:50

• Faron79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

GSK-
    ...since 1979??! Wow. That IS something!
    This is quite a tournament this year!

Awm-
    Yes...in the middle of our 2013/14 Football-playoff run (this past Dec.), it was announced. After the shock wore off here, we knew he'd done all he could here! He stayed to coach the remainder of the playoffs, & our 3rd championship.

The attached SI article is kinda interesting! Laramie only has ~~ 30,000 people. Fargo-Metro area has ~~ 75,000. Many analysts saw this as a lateral move at best. But...he wanted a challenge, & now he's got it!

Faron

Here is a link that might be useful: Bohl @ Wyoming...