Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

checking in ...

User
14 years ago

We just completed Day 4. We left St Augustine on Friday AM and rode about 44 miles and camped that first night. We went 61 miles day 2 in the RAIN AND COLD all day...it was so long. We stayed in a hostel. Day 3 was 45 miles with a 20 mph headwind the whole day and today we did 57 miles. We are really having a wonderful time !! Weather today was amazing and sunny and not windy and the road was perfect with a wide shoulder all the way from the state park we stayed in to Perry FL. We avg 12 mph today and this is with my fully loaded trailer. You will not find the tracker link anymore. She has had a lot of problems with her weight ( she is 30 # over personally and her load in her panniers was way too much) so she sent a lot home and I am carrying 9# for her also so she did way better today. We are all trying to support her and hope that she can carry on.

I can't usually get to a computer but we are in a Days Inn in Perry tonight since there is a huge rainstorm due and we decided that camping would be a bad idea. I will try and check in tomorrow . Please do check Face Book, East Alabama Food Bank, or Food Bank of East Alabama...they have ALL my updates. I hope all of you are well....................there is someone waiting so I have to get off....tomorrow....c

Comments (15)

• cooperbailey
    14 years ago

Sounds like good progress. Hope your friend can make it all the way through. Stay safe,dry and warm!

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

Ditto my friend! You take care of YOU!!!!

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

we are getting ready to head out for Tallahassee. The strom passed by and the winds are only supposed to be 5mph so we are on the road in a few. Thank you for the good wishes. c

• awm03
    14 years ago

Yes, I saw that mess on the Weather Channel. Still, your progress is fantastic! 12 mph w/ loaded trailer is amazing. Here's to warmth, sunshine & wide shoulders for the rest of the way.

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

Great picture on facebook, everyone looks in top shape !!
    happy travels, you're doing great !!

• IdaClaire
    14 years ago

What a cool thing you are doing! I too wish you happy travels! :-)

• Shannon01
    14 years ago

Safe journey is being wished upon you. This is so cool and so inspiring. I cannot wait for my treatment to begin and end so I can get on with doing this sort of thing. Really cool what you and your friends are doing.

• amysrq
    14 years ago

Happy Trails, trailrunner. Thanks for checking in!

Off to look for you on Facebook now...

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

amy thank you ! I try to send in an update to the Food bank every day or so. No pics today...it WAS REALLY REALLY tough. WIND WIND WIND....30-40 mph gusts and a steady wind besides...this was only the last 26 miles...I was so pumped the first 2.5 hrs and then all of a sudden the whole thing changed. We still finished the last 26 in the same time as the first but it was brutal. The hills were long and relentless and when you add in the wind it was a mess. Who knew that FL was hilly LOL ??!

Thank you shannon and I too hope for everything wonderful for you after your treatment.

Thank you jen we sure are an inspired group. We all like the same things pretty much so it is a lot of fun at the end of the day. Hard to believe when you hear us together ..we never met till St Augustine...

Mitch I am glad you liked the pic...the hostel owner took it for us. They are great.

awm I too hope for wide shoulders...it is supposed to get really cold again tomorrow night and we are back to camping. At least we have a short day tomorrow...40 miles only...today was 52.

We have another person joining us in Pensacola. She is a 2x breast cancer survivor and is in her 40's. I can hardly wait to meet someone so STRONG> she defines strength to me. Will be a few days till I am back at a computer. c

• golddust
    14 years ago

What an adventure! You are so inspiring. Keep it up and check in often.

• nicole__
    14 years ago

Your lifes NOT boring! YOU GO GIRL!

• cat_mom
    14 years ago

Hope the weather is cooperating and you've made some good mileage the past couple of days!

• bestyears
    14 years ago

You go girl, and keep a journal!

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

bestyears_ I am keeping a log and jotting down notes/miles / where we stayed. A lot of it is in the "computer chip" in my head :)

catmom you know how it is...it rains where people want sun and sun where they want tain

golddust...thank you I am sure trying. I am lucky to have great companions on the ride and also lots of family and friends rooting for me.

Nicole...nope not boring at all !!!

• awm03
    14 years ago

Thinking of you! Hope all's well. Please update us as soon as you can.