Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daisychain01_gw

Enough already!

daisychain01
10 years ago

We had maybe 2 days of fairly reasonable temperatures then it plummeted again and now this - another 5 inches of snow falling.

Comments (19)

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

I work for the school system, so if it means another day off I say bring on the snow!

• Jamie
    10 years ago

Oh boy. I have been assuming it was about over. 5 inches doesn't sound like a March last hurrah to me.

Ugh.

• lascatx
    10 years ago

I love your neighborhood, even with the snow! My car is dusted with yellow pine pollen, so spring is coming to a town near you soon. Hang in there!

• daisychain01
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, I guess I shouldn't complain too much. We are jumping on a plane for Mexico in 6 days. It some how feels better knowing that we have booked a warm weather trip during the coldest winter we can remember. If we had nice weather here, it would seem a waste.

Joanie, I'm a teacher, but because our school is in the middle of the city and this weather is pretty much par for the course in this part of the country, we never get snow days :(

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

I know what you mean. It was 50 degrees here on Sat. and I swear I could SMELL spring -- I actually saw people seated outdoors in front of a cafe, eating lunch -- and now it's 20. Grrr.

I'm tired of fleece and boots.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I sat out on the deck the other day even though it was only 40...I just needed some fresh air and sunshine. I'm so sick of winter. DH and I will be heading to the orchid show soon...besides all the beautiful flowers, it's so nice to walk through a tropical environment this time of year.

• chispa
    10 years ago

It was sunny, dry and mid 80s here in Southern CA this weekend. Will be 70s this week. The lowest overnight lows this winter were around 40F.

I moved from the Northeast so I know the feeling of endless winter very well ... do not miss it at all. I also quickly appreciated the lack of humidity and bugs in the CA summers. CA has many issues but the near perfect weather seems to quickly make up for most of them!

• happy2b…gw
    10 years ago

Snow day number 10 here. Although fun, unfortunately snow days come at a cost. The big questions in my area are how many days, if any, need to be made up at the end of the year or will the school day be extended. The state makes the decision about having to make up days. Sometimes some are pardoned. The local school systems decide how to make up the time lost. Four snow days are built into the calendar year. To have 10 snow days is very unexpected. The school website explains that the school year will be extended 5 days in the event of 9 snow days. The loss of instructional days is problematic for teachers and students to complete the curriculum, especially those taking high school and AP courses before the final exam. It puts a lot of pressure on them and loads up the work. The exam schedule is not adjusted. To exacerbate the issue for middle school students taking a high school course of whom there are many, instructional days were also sacrificed to state testing which took place this month.

• 3katz4me
    10 years ago

Freezing rain today, slushy snow tomorrow - much as I've had enough that isn't unusual for MN in March. I'll tolerate it through March but come April.....things better change!

• Bethpen
    10 years ago

Even I'm over it...and I make money at ski resorts. :) I think the thing that is getting me is that it has been so relentless. Usually we get a bit of a reprieve sometime in February. I feel like we never got that this year.

We were thinking today could be a great day at the Ski Mountains, as most of them have reduced prices and fun events. Usually the weather is decent. Today I think the median temp is about 15 between our three places. That's not going to get the college kids to skip school!

Beth P.

• suero
    10 years ago

I am so ready for Spring!

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Highs in the 60's on Saturday and woke up to about 3 inches of snow this morning. We were only supposed to get dusting. Just yesterday I stood at my front window and thought how wonderful it was to look out and not see snow! I even see buds on the trees and some of my bulbs are up, poor bables.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

We woke up to seven inches of snow. Ugh. I will be in school until July. Ready for Spring!

• denali2007
    10 years ago

Yes, school til July! The kids are so off the wall with them having no routine. Today we had a 2 hour delay.

This weekend a friend and I went up to Longwood Gardens for their Orchid Display and Blue Poppies. It was so amazing to walk in there and get hit with the smell of Spring.

• suero
    10 years ago

It's snowing again! No fair!

• suero
    10 years ago

March 30 and snow again! When will it ever end?

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Snow AND ice. Ridiculous. I am so done with this.

• daisychain01
    Original Author
    10 years ago

They are predicting another snow storm for tomorrow. Even the fact that I just got back from 7 days in Merida (100+ temps) doesn't make this any better.

• kitschykitch
    10 years ago

My goodness, where are you? That's full on snow.